Eating out?

Options
If you eat out and consume 2,000 calories, can you work those extra calories off to get down to your daily allowance calories?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you want, or you can cut a bit off the next few days.

If you dine out a lot, it might be better to follow a weekly calorie goal than a daily one.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to out work poor eating habits.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some people average out their calories for the whole week. (Eat more one day and less the next 6 days.)
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I used to work at fitness spa for women. There were woman who used to come in and work out all day long, taking breaks in the steam room, or the whirlpool bath between classes, working out on the machines, or swimming laps. What I'm saying is, people can, and do workout endlessly to be able to eat what they want. The bottom line is really, do you want to spend your off hours in the gym?

I'd happily swim laps, and do water aerobics everyday to eat a couple hundred extra calories. But there's no way I have it in me to work out all day long to account for eating anything I want. I think if you figure out what exercise you are willing to do every single day, and how long you can feasibly do said exercise, then calculate how many calories that exercise burns. Then you know you can eat that amount extra in calories everyday. You'd really have to be committed to seeing that you in that exercise everyday. I'm not that committed. LOL