Carb Cycling

Options
shans34
shans34 Posts: 535 Member
I am starting tomorrow to follow Chris Powell's Carb Cycling program again. I have done it before and I am going to do it again. It is a fairly easy thing to do but takes dedication, like any journey. I struggle though with eating 5 small meals a day... anyone have any tips for starting to eat breakfast and a morning snack when I have not done so in a long time?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating 5 small meals a day? It is completely unnecessary. All that matters is total calorie intake at the end of the day. You could eat all your calories in one big meal, or ten small meals, it would make zero difference in terms of body composition.

As far as carb cycling, unless you're a body builder at very low body fat, you do not need to carb cycle, and furthermore it won't really make a difference
  • eastofmain
    eastofmain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that was a super unhelpful reply. I believe that five small meals a day does boost your metabolism and teaches you to eat small quantities without starving in between.

I'm doing the carb cycling too. So far so good. I guess if you're not used to eating breakfast I'd start with something that feels light to you - like a smoothie. My mid morning snack is usually greek yogurt and nuts (low carb) or fruit (high carb) or a pc of cheese and deli meat (low carb). Good luck.
  • sezzoh
    sezzoh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Interested in carb cycling....been sourcing some information on it but not sure i have the dedication right now......how about having a protein shake for breakfast, if you use a diet one for low carb days then double up on higher carb days.
  • 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I carb cycle and follow Chris powells plan! Love it! Feel free to add me!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    eastofmain wrote: »
    Wow that was a super unhelpful reply.

Facts hurt sometimes.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Why are you eating 5 small meals a day? It is completely unnecessary. All that matters is total calorie intake at the end of the day. You could eat all your calories in one big meal, or ten small meals, it would make zero difference in terms of body composition.

I eat 5 or 6 times a day, but it's not because I think it's going to magically unlock a better metabolism. I do it so that I'm not so ravenous come lunchtime that I over-eat. If I had breakfast at 6 and a snack at 9:30, I'm certainly not starving at noon. Days when I end up missing that snack because of work obligations, I'm a very unhappy camper come lunchtime.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't think there is any one plan for any one person. It is what works best individually. No one can say to another what they are doing is wrong just because it doesn't work for them. There are all these different lifestyle choices out there that are designed to give us choices because none are 100% the same as goes for each individual metabolism/body type/results.