NSV! Turned some pie into muscle.

Options
CJ_Holmes
CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
I gained almost 10 pounds over my long and decadent holiday season starting in October, but made sure I did really heavy strength workouts 3x per week in the hopes that I could turn the extra calories into muscle- a wishful and disorganized bulk if you will.

I took a selfie yesterday while bored on the train and was totally shocked by how my shoulders looked! I'm not bummed anymore about my gains- I upped all my lifts significantly over the past 3 months and can't wait to see how I look after I shed the "winter coat."

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think I'll do a programmed bulk next year!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I ll have to think about doing this!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love my shoulders from weight training. I think defined shoulders are the sexiest thing about women. This has also helped my posture and is, combined with ab and back strength, the healthiest look I see.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, OP! After struggling to break my plateau on the bench, I nailed a new PR after the winter bulk myself! It feels awesome!.

Continue to slay it, sister!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!