Change up cardio machines every 10min

Options
Has anyone ever switched cardio machines to jump start weight loss? I find that I get bored quickly and want to move to machines. Is that too much on the body?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter much. If the intend is just to raise HR for 30 minutes or so, do what you like.
    If you want to keep from getting bored, then possibly look into HIIT cardio training with things like sprints, box jumps, skaters, jump squats, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by changing machines, but I get the bored part. I tend to do intervals on the Treadmill, Elliptical, Stationary Bike, and the StairStepper. I have to have something to keep my mind occupied so watching the time either on the console or with my interval timer app. Also, changing the intensity can help with the boredom since it may make you focus more on what you are doing.
  • mkakos46
    Options
    Not at all the more challenges you give your body the more it will burn. Make sure you don't always do the same cardio machines. Switch it up so your body doesnt get used to the same thing. Also make sure you eat healthy. You cant have a diet without a workout plan and you cant have a workout plan without a diet. it just doesnt work. I hope this was helpful