need to get healthy asap!!!

Options
Hello, I need to get healthy I've already lost 30 pounds and have 20 more to go. Currently suffering with ibs and chronic constipation docs have given me every med in the book nothing works so just going to eat healthy and exercise :)

Replies

• JustMimi215
    JustMimi215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Natural Way Is The Best Way To Go....Keep Up The Good Work :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Try a bit of magnesium. My preferred one (I'm in the U.S.) is magnesium citrate. I take 2 Magnesium citrate in the morning, and two calcium/magnesium/vitamin D in the evening and I'm as regular as can be.

Have you tried a FODMAP diet to figure out what triggers the constipation? For me it's bread. gluten full or gluten free, it makes no difference.
    I assume it's more about "starches", but I don't each much of that other than bread.

Good luck! What sort of advice are you aiming for and CONGRATS on that loss!!!
  • quickcrx702
    quickcrx702 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing this already, but eat tons of fiber if you aren't. I used to have one bowel movement per week, now I have at least one per day. I wouldn't bother with the fiber supplements that you add to water, they won't soften up the food you eat. Just eat high fiber foods that are easy to digest. Good luck.