About bloody time =)

Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
:flowerforyou: Hi guys!
It has been two weeks since I was diagnosed with Tendonitis of the Achilles Tendon and I have listened to the doctor and continued to treat it and stay off my left foot as much as possible. I was given a heel block to help support the pressure on my heel and things were progressing slowly, but surely. I was in absolute agony and at one point my right foot started playing up due to the extra work I was using it for! :frown:

But today, I have been 3 days without a single niggle, ache, shooting pain and am finally able to begin my 30 day shred again. I stopped at level 1 day 7 after starting a group on here all taking on Jillians challenge. Unfortunately, I couldn't remain with the group as they have progressed so far! WELL DONE GUYS! I am starting from day 1, level 1 and will be wearing trainers at all times...to ensure my heel is constantly being supported.

I have managed to lose a 1.5lbs in the past 2 weeks whilst still being immobile and am really looking forward to taking on the challenge again. I would like to advise people here though that when beginning a new fitness regime, please take all necessary action to try and reduce the risk of becoming injured and ensure that you are not trying anything too strenuous. If you have a significant ache in a particular part of your body...you NEED to rest for a day or two and nurture the injury to ensure the injury does not become a serious injury.

I am lucky that I have healed fairly rapidly although i am now susceptible to the injury reoccuring. Thanks to everyone who has supported me through this surprisingly difficult time of my new lifestyle...you guys on this site have encouraged me to continue eating healthily, and I am 100% sure that if It wasn't for MFP, I would be steadily increasing back to my original starting weight!

I am now going off to do a little exercise! WOOOOHOOOOOO! :laugh:

Take Care All :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.