I'm back and more angrier with myself than ever

Options
I just stepped on the scale and i went up in weight.

granted i wasn't really doing anything to lose it but I'm back and more determined.

Ideally i need to lose 60-70 lbs...but I'm stuck on how to do it.

I don't want to so herbalife or anything that's gonna cost us more monthly.

I'm 5'3, female, 213 lbs and embarrassed of myself.

I'm desperate. I'm going on a cruise in June and really don't want to be the heaviest person in my group. Plus I'm only 26 yo. I have PCOS but I'm willing to do anything and everything to lose this and lose out fast.

HELP, PLEASE!

Replies

• anitorres
    anitorres Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Ani... I had lost almost 60 pounds in roughly 8 or so months. Last January I got the surprise if a lifetime and found out I was pregnant. Had my son on late July, turned 40 a week later (see it was a total surprise! Lol) ...lost ALL of the baby weight, was down to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he was 3 weeks old. ... But then, I got too comfortable with food.... I started to eye french fries again, and hot wings, and cookies... and all the things, I had trained myself to stay away from. Now I have gained about 25 pounds since I had my son, but still need to lose about 80 pounds to reach my goal... last time I weighed myself I was 242...and disgusted with myself.
    So now I am back full force, but all of my friends who were on MFP, have all left.... everyone lost motivation .
    My personal motivation is to purchase my Disneyland passes for my family and I, and to not feel like " Oh My God.... I am. It going to fit!!! Or "sorry ma'am but you have reached the maximum capacity on this car."...lol
  • anitorres
    anitorres Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *sorry for all the typos.... had a lot to say!! Lol
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There is no quick or easy way. You just need to log everything to be accountable, eat whole and healthy food and exercise. :) You can do it! We're only 18 or so pounds apart! It took me roughly three months to lose 13lbs the last time.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    There is no fast way, it is called doing the required work which is being on a consistent deficit and sticking to it. The only short cuts all involve things that will threaten your health. I don't think you will get much support sorry.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just stepped on the scale and i went up in weight.

granted i wasn't really doing anything to lose it but I'm back and more determined.

Ideally i need to lose 60-70 lbs...but I'm stuck on how to do it.

I don't want to so herbalife or anything that's gonna cost us more monthly.

I'm 5'3, female, 213 lbs and embarrassed of myself.

I'm desperate. I'm going on a cruise in June and really don't want to be the heaviest person in my group. Plus I'm only 26 yo. I have PCOS but I'm willing to do anything and everything to lose this and lose out fast.

HELP, PLEASE!

Well, you started, which is a good step.

Start logging everything you eat and drink and all your exercises.

Speaking of exercises, do what you enjoy. Sustainability is key.

Don't deprive yourself of foods you love (again, sustainability). Instead practice portion control and observe portion sizes.

Most importantly, enjoy the journey. Don't sweat or give up if you have a bad day. If you want it badly enough, you'll get there.

• quickcrx702
    quickcrx702 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In theory, losing weight is really easy - just eat less calories and move more. In practice, patience and consistency are more difficult. Don't get caught up in losing 5-10lbs per week, it isn't sustainable. Also don't worry if your scale fluctuates, water weight can really add up if you had super high sodium meals(like from a restaurant) the day before. Just lose 1-2lbs/week by cutting 500-1000 calories daily from your BMR and/or burn those calories with exercise. Over a year, that really adds up. Eat veggies to stay full, and don't drink your calories. Don't get sucked into a diet religious war(low carb/low fat/vegan/paleo/etc.), because it doesn't matter what diet you choose. What matters is eating less than your BMR, and eating enough protein and strength training to maintain muscle and burn more fat. You can also cheat on your diet as long as you don't do it too often, and factor in the calories with your weight loss plan. Take your diet seriously, but not TOO seriously or you won't stick to it. You might lose one lb/week instead of two, but if you need small cheats here and there to stay sane, then do it. Be patient, and good luck.
  • geminijen77
    geminijen77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear you completely. I have been on this roller coaster for far to long. This past year I have gained almost 35 pounds. It's been a combination of stress and injuries. I eat when I'm stressed. My mom was diagnosed with Cancer this year and I just ate and ate and ate to deal with everything. I'm embarrassed because I'm a personal trainer and spin instructor and I totally quit EVERYTHING. Now I am coming back and reclaiming 2015 as mine. But I keep messing up. Last night my husband asked if I wanted Ice Cream. I totally said yes without event thinking and went back for more. :( some days I hate myself.

I think the real trick is forgiving yourself and being honest with yourself. Keep forgiving yourself and keep holding yourself accountable. if you want you can follow me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CherryHealthandWellness I'm making my journey public and posting my workouts and food there.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by March so I can climb Mt Kilimanjaro
    Lose another 15 pounds by July for my husbands promotion ceremony
    Lose the last 10 by Thanksgiving so I can maintain my weight coming into the next holiday season.

I lose weight sooooooooo slowly. It's hard for me to set such long range goals. I work and work and work and sometimes the scale goes up! Stupid scale. This time I'm keeping my long range goals in sight. I will have faith in myself.

I hope you find a plan that works for you.
    Jen
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone and many people here are in the same boat as you. Main thing - you have to eat a calorie deficit. I suggest buying a food scale and weighing your food then log it. You really can eat things your like and lose weight. Just eat less of them and log everything.

I wish you much success!
  • hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Looking to loose 100 lbs. . Feel free to add me. I used MFP about 2 half yrs ago )lost 200lbs. ........with that said though I was trying to get my weight down for gastric bypass. I had started at 460lbs.I got down to 240 lbs. I'm 5'11. I felt great but still had some weight to lose. The Dr kept telling me I needed to lose more and I got frustrated because I felt if I could lose that much on my own I didn't need the surgery. So after going through that process and finally getting a surgery date . I DID NOT have it. But at the same time my husband had gave me a really hard time saying I Didn't need to lose any more weight. I gained about 120 lbs back s nd I am disgusted with myself. I feel bad and I'm worried about my health knowing my family history. Please no bad comments.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I lost 74lbs or so in 7 months, just stick the calorie and nutrient goals MFP gives you and exercise three times a week, simple as :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Probably what they all said. I just noted don't waste your time being angry with yourself as you are far better off supporting and being kind to yourself without making excuses.
  • mobaypop
    Options
    Having a motivation like your cruise in June should help. I find exercising helps keep me motivated as well, as I don't like to undo all the hard work I've done! I do aqua fit classes 3 times a week at my local gym. Its fun and easy on my joints. I will send you a friend request. At 5ft and 60lbs to lose, I have a way to go!
  • moosegoboomm
    moosegoboomm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Probably what they all said. I just noted don't waste your time being angry with yourself as you are far better off supporting and being kind to yourself without making excuses.

Yes. Accept that you didn't do so well and move on. Start with drinking lots of water, keep tabs on what you're eating, cut out the pop and harsh processed foods for the first week and then the next week begin with just 15 minutes of aerobics. Dance, walk (keep it in the 2.0 or 1.7 speed), do whatever feels right and then keep upping the time by 15 minute increments until you're at about 40 minutes to an hour a day with exercise.

Don't forget weekends! It's a complete buzz kill when you decide you don't need to continue your progress Friday through Sunday and realize on Monday you've gained all your weight back that you lost the week before lol. I lost 14-15 pounds in 2 months with water, green tea, MFP, and Zumba and I have to say it's really not as hard as you might think it's going to be. A lot of what's hard is researching and figuring out what's right for you.

You can do it, girl! I have just as much weight to lose as you and then some, so if you want to add me to your support group, go ahead (: Let's make 2015 our *kitten*.
  • citygent1911
    Options
    In theory, losing weight is really easy - just eat less calories and move more. In practice, patience and consistency are more difficult. Don't get caught up in losing 5-10lbs per week, it isn't sustainable. Also don't worry if your scale fluctuates, water weight can really add up if you had super high sodium meals(like from a restaurant) the day before. Just lose 1-2lbs/week by cutting 500-1000 calories daily from your BMR and/or burn those calories with exercise. Over a year, that really adds up. Eat veggies to stay full, and don't drink your calories. Don't get sucked into a diet religious war(low carb/low fat/vegan/paleo/etc.), because it doesn't matter what diet you choose. What matters is eating less than your BMR, and eating enough protein and strength training to maintain muscle and burn more fat. You can also cheat on your diet as long as you don't do it too often, and factor in the calories with your weight loss plan. Take your diet seriously, but not TOO seriously or you won't stick to it. You might lose one lb/week instead of two, but if you need small cheats here and there to stay sane, then do it. Be patient, and good luck.

Love this! Really sound, logical advice - it's a simple mathematical calculation, just burn more calories than you're putting in and you'll lose weight.

I'm starting on my "proper" weight loss journey today, having piled on weight over the last 3 months. I know why I've put weight on, but that doesn't make it easier to lose it!!!

I think my best advice would be this - be honest with yourself. Everyone trying to lose weight knows what they should (or shouldn't) be eating, but we're not always honest about what we've eaten. Yes, that sandwich that you bought from the filling station really does count as calories!!

Good luck :-)
  • BottleOfPills
    BottleOfPills Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CityGent1911 - I'm new to this community, but I suggest anyone indicating the "calories in/Calories out" dogma read Gary Taubes - "Why We Get Fat" or his more in detailed book "Good Calories, Bad Calories"

In both books he goes through the science, research and actual studies that clearly prove eating less calories than what you are taking in or burning is not the sole or even main reason people lose weight.

It is simply one small component and I suggest anyone and everyone read "why we get fat" if they are having trouble understanding their respective issues and draw their own conclusions.

I would recommend "Good Calories, Bad Calories" but it is very hard to read unless you're of the academic ilk, or simply needing a cure for insomnia.

• credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can tell you is log every morsel that crosses your lips in this app. My cardiologist put me on less than 2000 calories per day, and the only way I have been able to stick with that is to log everything I eat. If you do that, and get some regular excercise, it WILL happen! I have lost 45 lbs since the end of August. I still have about 112 more to go, but I will get there and so will you!!!
  • jams0411
    jams0411 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    what i would say first is work with the anger , anger has never work with me, i needed to find peace and forgiveness with it and just go with a mindset of" you know what? yes you are at this weight, lest do something about it", you are here in MFP so that's already a win (*)

good luck!! and June seems like a good amount of time, to at least be in a weight that you feel more confident ans please with yourself
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm Amanda - When I started reading this and thought I had posted it. It is hard as you well know but on here we will get through it and will be the weight we know we deserve. 3 years ago I started on her and lost 4stone I have now put back on 21lb nightmare but today I woke up and thought this is it I need to sort myself out once and for all. Add me as a friend if you think I can help and or support you. You go for it you deserve this.
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will also agree with what BottleOfPills posted. It's not all about just calories. I was told that just because you get 2000 calories per day, doesn't mean that you can go all day long without eating and then have a big mac, fries and a shake for dinner and call it a day. The types of calories you take in are crucial. That's why there is a proper balance of carbs, fat and protein that need to be followed. The first thing I would do is talk to your doctor, who knows you better than any of us do, and get him/her to tell you what your caloric intake should be and what the overall mix of those calories should be.