Best way to get praised is to wear fitted clothing

Options
2»

Replies

• RunningMyPugandPapi
    Options
    Why should I care what other people think?

You cared enough about what others think (specifically, that others would think you are too cool to care) to comment on this post, so...
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When you get in better shape, you get smaller. But most people will only really take notice when you start cleaning out your closet and getting clothes that fits you better. That's my experience, wearing the bigger clothes is going to deceive people. There is also a psychological benefit to wearing fitted clothing, it does make you feel lighter as well.

There is also nothing more satisfying than cleaning out your closet of larger clothes!!!! I just packed away all my bigger/maternity clothes! IT WAS GLORIOUS!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Usually people who say this only want people to think it doesn't bother them . . . when in reality, it bothers them more than most others.

You don't have to change yourself based on what other people think, but it's very normal to care about what other people's opinions are about you. Do you want to go through life with people not liking you because you don't care about what they think? Caring about them and their opinion validates them, just as much as them complimenting you would validate you. It's a big, beautiful circle and it's pretty normal to be part of it.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Fitted clothing always makes me feel like a broken Pillsbury tube - spilling out and rolls everywhere.
    199udn1erhbpfjpg.jpg

Ha ha ha . . . too funny! I sometimes feel like this if I try something on just to see where I'm at. And then I cry a little inside if I'm still too big for it.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Ive lost 30 lbs and wore fitted clothes and my "c" word sister in law didnt comliment me lol Im not super skinny so I guess in her eyes its not worth praising . But when I lose 40 lbs ill pretty much be at 150 (normal weight) and I bet she still wouldnt compliment me . Shes like the only female close to me so I kinda wanted to hear that someone noticed my weight loss. But oh well shes lame. A very unkind , self hating "b" word. Sorry for the rant . She actually used to be like 250 lbs and got skinny after her husband cheated so id have to say she still acts like a fat insecure female
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 30 lbs and wore fitted clothes and my "c" word sister in law didnt comliment me lol Im not super skinny so I guess in her eyes its not worth praising . But when I lose 40 lbs ill pretty much be at 150 (normal weight) and I bet she still wouldnt compliment me . Shes like the only female close to me so I kinda wanted to hear that someone noticed my weight loss. But oh well shes lame. A very unkind , self hating "b" word. Sorry for the rant . She actually used to be like 250 lbs and got skinny after her husband cheated so id have to say she still acts like a fat insecure female

Insecurity comes in all sizes. Were you kind and encouraging when she was losing weight? Are you kind and encouraging to her now?

If you want approval from females, why is this the only female in your life? Go make some friends that suit you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Fitted clothing always makes me feel like a broken Pillsbury tube - spilling out and rolls everywhere.
    199udn1erhbpfjpg.jpg

Lol, well, there's fitted and too small.

But I agree with the OP, people didn't notice until I bought new clothes and stopped wearing my oversized clothing.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow, you don't seem very nice or kind either, with the way you're speaking of her.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I feel good when I wear clothes that actually fit even if no one else notices or comments.
    My motto is not too tight and not too loose when it comes to clothes no matter my weight.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    So no one notices that your jeans getting baggier and baggier?

Like blc1971 said, that look can be frumpy. And, especially if your observers are not actually that hung up on weight, it can look a lot less put together than a sharply dressed person, a few extra pounds or not

I'm actually due for yet another change of wardrobe, but, I just can't. Plus my favorite store started selling ugly ****, so.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I know that the majority of the compliments I've gotten have been when I'm wearing something the next size down. I have a bunch in storage, but I'm always hesitant to try them on. When I do eventually get over it and wear them, I get compliments and wonder why I didn't start wearing them sooner. But I cling to the oversized stuff.

I just gave away two big bags of oversized clothes to Salvation Army! If it's in the house I will keep wearing it no matter how baggy it is on me. I'm only keeping pj's, sweats, and one pair of "this is where I started from " jeans.
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have lost 78 lbs with quite a bit more to go and I can only agree with you all. It is very rewarding to get rid of the baggy clothes and buy fitted stuff! People do notice and their comments can help on those difficult days. I am buying things that are a little tight as I know they will fit in a few weeks- thank goodness for cheap things on e bay!!
    -
  • sexymonicat
    Options

Insecurity comes in all sizes. Were you kind and encouraging when she was losing weight? Are you kind and encouraging to her now?

If you want approval from females, why is this the only female in your life? Go make some friends that suit you.

Im a stay at home mom and its hard to make friends . Most other moms have their own schedules and having a friend doesnt fit into them because theyre so busy raising their family . I actually dont mind not having friends but I think women are more likely to compliment you on a new hair do than a man and stuff like that so wanting to be noticed by a sister in law isnt asking for too much . But then she didn't visit her own mother while she was dying or attend her funeral so maybe it is to much to ask.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

Usually people who say this only want people to think it doesn't bother them . . . when in reality, it bothers them more than most others.

You don't have to change yourself based on what other people think, but it's very normal to care about what other people's opinions are about you. Do you want to go through life with people not liking you because you don't care about what they think? Caring about them and their opinion validates them, just as much as them complimenting you would validate you. It's a big, beautiful circle and it's pretty normal to be part of it.

Some of us are losing weight to feel better and be healthier and don't give 2 sh*ts whether others give us compliments or not.
    Seriously there are people who come on here crying and quitting because they lose weight and other people don't notice.
    It's not about other people. And if it is, it shouldn't be. People who lose weight to try to get a response from other people don't usually keep the weight off.

• bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

Some of us are losing weight to feel better and be healthier and don't give 2 sh*ts whether others give us compliments or not.
    Seriously there are people who come on here crying and quitting because they lose weight and other people don't notice.
    It's not about other people. And if it is, it shouldn't be. People who lose weight to try to get a response from other people don't usually keep the weight off.

That's good and all, but not really the point of the thread.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

That's good and all, but not really the point of the thread.

If I read it right, the title is "the best way to get praised" is to wear fitted clothing.

Some people responded that they don't care what others think, IE praise, and the girl I responded to basically said that everyone cares what others think of them. So yeah, it was a natural progression away from the point.

• sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Part of the mental process of a weight loss is having a true image of your body. It helps me to try on a smaller size every few weeks, even if I don't buy anything. After years of trying on clothes while not looking in the dressing room mirror, seeing the positive changes in that reflection makes it real for me.

Any comments from others are a bonus.