Logging exercise

Options
I need some advice please. Pretty new to here and although I am ok with logging my food when it comes to logging my exercise I'm a bit confused. I generally don't do cardio and instead spend 1.5hrs doing a heavy weights session. Some of the exercises such as lat pull downs aren't listed when I try to enter them. Plus the weights I lift are in kg being from the UK and not in lbs. Do I have to convert these into lbs before entering them? Or in general is there an easier way to work out what calories I'm burning to know if I'm in deficit or not? Steph.

Replies

• zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The strength training exercises are listed just so that you can use MFP as your gym log. It does not count as "exercise" in the sense that it would affect your caloric intake for the day.

Ignore the calories consumed when lifting weights and just make sure that you have a reasonable target set for your daily consumption based on what your goals are. Then use your scale and mirror to verify that you are going towards the right direction.

If you want some estimate, get a HRM and wear it during your workout. It won't be perfect, not even sure that it will be very good, but it'll tell you something.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm aiming for around 2300 calories per day at the mo and keeping a log of body measurements/body fat percentage over the coming months to see what works with weight training. Thanks for the advice.