Rugged Maniac 5k

Options
Just saw an ad for this OCR. Anyone have any experience with it/knowledge about it? How it compares to other OCRs? (Tough Mudder, Spartan, etc.)

Replies

• kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have not done one yet but I am signed up for one this coming July. I have done a Spartan Sprint, as well as a Battlefrog 5K and a Battlefrog 15K. Without having done a RM and just going on feedback from fellow obstacle racers, I have heard that is it a very fun race with some unique obstacles (trampolines, water obstacles, etc). It is short at 3 miles-for comparison, Tough Mudder is 10-12 miles, a Spartan Sprint is said to be 3+ miles but it is usually 4+ miles. I think Rugged Maniac would be a good starting place for someone new to OCR, or a fun run for those who have done the longer races!
  • jasonamcnulty
    Options
    Rugged was my first OCR. it was a good place to start, it is one of the easier ones out there. If you want to do a Battlefrog use code BFMCNULTY at check out for 15% off
  • rachsoderberg
    rachsoderberg Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do Rugged Maniac every year! It was my first obstacle race and I would say it was a great starting point. It is not as hard as the Spartan Sprint, obviously nowhere near as hard as the longer races like Tough Mudder. It is totally worth doing, it was a heck of a lot of fun!