Start the new year out right! Don't fear the tasty fatty meaty goodness!

Options
124»

Replies

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Cohort studies cannot show that they contribute or cause anything, just that there is or isn't an association, so again counter to his claim

I... wha...

You've gotta be kidding me.

OMG EVERYONE! Cohort studies don't show causation, therefore they're totally invalid!

I sure hope nobody bases ANY NATIONAL POLICIES on them or anything!

And SHAME UPON YOU, New England Journal of Medicine, for promoting such BLATANT PSEUDOSCIENCE! What a useless rag you are!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Cohort studies cannot show that they contribute or cause anything, just that there is or isn't an association, so again counter to his claim

I... wha...

You've gotta be kidding me.

OMG EVERYONE! Cohort studies don't show causation, therefore they're totally invalid!

I sure hope nobody bases ANY NATIONAL POLICIES on them or anything!

And SHAME UPON YOU, New England Journal of Medicine, for promoting such BLATANT PSEUDOSCIENCE! What a useless rag you are!

Good strawman, who said they were invalid? I said they do not support his assertion

And since organizations and governments base policy off the research it somehow makes them more valid?

Esp nutrition epidemiological studies should not be the basis of any policy, as many rely on the worthless food recall questionnaires