Pre-Workout

Options
Hey fitness friends! I'm in the market for a new pre-workout. I like to work out at the crack of dawn before work (right when my gym opens - to avoid the crowds).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent-tasting, relatively reasonably priced pre-workout supplement?

Thanks so much in advance for all of your help!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    it's so hard to make recommendation as people respond so differently to the various stims in pre-workouts.

Personally, anything with caffeine is best. Depending on the workout, I'm currently using either 5hr energy or Optimum Nutrition's Amino Energy. I've also used/liked BSN's Hyper.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    C-4
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    C-4

This is what I use. I liked the orange flavor...the blue raspberry? Disgusting. I have a fruit punch I still need to try. Definitely drink it cold!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    it's so hard to make recommendation as people respond so differently to the various stims in pre-workouts.

Personally, anything with caffeine is best. Depending on the workout, I'm currently using either 5hr energy or Optimum Nutrition's Amino Energy. I've also used/liked BSN's Hyper.

Excellent point. I don't react too crazy to stimulants and don't tend to get shaky (if that makes sense). I'll absolutely look into your recommendations. Thank you so much for your help!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I am another vote for C-4. I'm using the watermelon at the moment and its very good. I've also used Neon Volt for awhile. the fruit punch is pretty decent tasting.
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    C-4

This is what I use. I liked the orange flavor...the blue raspberry? Disgusting. I have a fruit punch I still need to try. Definitely drink it cold!

Awesome! I'll check that one out, too. I have a friend who recommended C-4. Thanks so much!

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Do you have a weight lifting shop near you? I'm lucky enough to have a small one, but it's really well run. They often have samples on hand and are happy to give them out if you're looking to try something new. Might be worth looking into rather than dropping $30+ on something you've never tried.
  • makeupandthings
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is reasonably priced for you, but I love this one, especially in Acai Berry:

http://vegasport.com/product/pre-workout-energizer/

I usually workout at 06:30 am and this helps me keep sharp and focused.
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Do you have a weight lifting shop near you? I'm lucky enough to have a small one, but it's really well run. They often have samples on hand and are happy to give them out if you're looking to try something new. Might be worth looking into rather than dropping $30+ on something you've never tried.

I've got a GNC super close - the samples thing is a great idea. :)
  • SconnieCat
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is reasonably priced for you, but I love this one, especially in Acai Berry:

http://vegasport.com/product/pre-workout-energizer/

I usually workout at 06:30 am and this helps me keep sharp and focused.

Wonderful - thank you very much!
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Cardio Ignite. Tastes good and gives you a ton of energy. I drink it at 4:30 am before my 5 am workout. I love it. I bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe but if you google it, you can probably find other retailers. I like most Vega Sport products but their pre-workout drink makes me gag. I tried both flavors in the little one serving packets. I didn't like either one at all. But everyone;s taste is different. I did like the fact that I had the option of the one serving packet so I didn't commit to a large container just to find out it wasn't for me. Good luck!!!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Use Neon sport it's made by cellucor the makers of c4, but it takes out the creatine. If you want creatine it's better to buy your own and measure out anyway. Best part Neon sport is cheaper than C4, and has more servings per container.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You could try FitMiss...it's a spin off of MusclePharm for women. My gf uses their PWO and loves it. Up until that one she didn't like them because they were "too intense".
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that taking a pre workout makes a huge difference for me. I have tried a few wasn’t happy with how I felt after working out. Recently my friend turned me onto the PRE/T from Liporidex. I really like the flavor. I’ve actually just added a half scoop to my 32oz daily sipper b/c it just that good. Workouts are awesome as well. You can really feel it working. I feel like I can work out longer and I don’t fatigue as easily. I do a fair amount of intervals 2-3x /week and it doesn’t negatively affect my heart rate either. Great for lifting and great for cardio. For the price and servings it’s a great deal as well.
  • ls4jj
    ls4jj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hyde is awesome. I like C$ as well, Pineapple C4 is delish. But I like the tingle rush I get from Hyde about 10 minutes after I drink it, and then my energy kicks in to high gear.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I also take C4. I like the fruit punch flavor.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    negs, 600mg of caffeine, and a little nose tork.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I prefer just to have a cup of black coffee, either hot or on ice before to give me an extra jump in my workouts - not a super stim packed approach but I kind of like the idea of avoiding heart palpitations like some people get as side effects from other supplements - works for me, other people might not.
  • Danni_peck
    Options
    yolo9752 wrote: »
    I find that taking a pre workout makes a huge difference for me. I have tried a few wasn’t happy with how I felt after working out. Recently my friend turned me onto the PRE/T from Liporidex. I really like the flavor. I’ve actually just added a half scoop to my 32oz daily sipper b/c it just that good. Workouts are awesome as well. You can really feel it working. I feel like I can work out longer and I don’t fatigue as easily. I do a fair amount of intervals 2-3x /week and it doesn’t negatively affect my heart rate either. Great for lifting and great for cardio. For the price and servings it’s a great deal as well.

I Just looked up that Liporidex Pre and the ingredients look really good. I like that they don’t use a ton of caffeine to make it work. However, maybe I’m just a broke gym rat, but its $59.99 for 36 servings on their site. Umm no thanks. I’ll stick to C4!