HELP beating tiredness

Options
I know as i start to take control of my eating and exercise habits that the tiredness will go but while im waiting for that to happen does anyone have any tried and tested ways to beat severe tiredness please.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It might help to journal about other factors in your life like how much sleep you're getting, where you're at in your cycle, etc. Also ask to have complete blood work done so you can know where your iron, vit D, etc are at. Part of the fatigue could be due to a deficiency. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
  • therealskinny1
    Options
    I dont sleep well i never had most nights i get around the 6 hours mark but sometimes i only get 4 .I cant track my cycle as i dont get periods and i know that in the winter i dont drink as much water as i should .Had bloods done a few months back and all was fine but was given vit D tabs as it was low.I will increase the water and maybe try and get more sleep
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might also want to get checked for sleep apnea. My vitality lifted after I got that taken care of.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin B12 and D3 every day.
  • therealskinny1
    Options
    Will do :) Thanks for the help
  • NaeTeaspoon
    NaeTeaspoon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This sounds really basic but I will put it out there anyway - I find whenever I get tired and at the beginning of the day I have a few minutes (and a quick walk if I can manage it time-wise) outside. The fresh air seems to kick my brain into gear and I feel like it is a bit of a re-set. Another thing that really helps me is doing meditations to help me properly relax when I'm going to have some down-time.
  • therealskinny1
    Options
    I will try anything ,I know when im back eating clean and exercising regular it will go but as im taking it slow it might be a little time before that happens .
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cutting caffiene helped me - sounds counter intuitive but really worked. Now I tend to have only a couple of cups of black coffee where I used to have about 9! I have water and herbal teas now instead.
  • therealskinny1
    Options
    :)