Hello Everyone - I'm ready to return to the fit body I had in 2011

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm Marci. I've have been overweight most of my life but my weight was stable. I was very active and healthy so I really didn't worry about my weight. But then I hit 40 and had a bad back injury which prevented me from being active. I gained weight because I could not be very active. When I recovered from the back injury and was trying to get back to being fit. Just as I was getting back in the grove I fell down a flight of stairs and dislocated/broke my knee cap. I had a really hard time recovering from that injury because I was just getting back into shape and had not taken off the weight from the back injury. So I gained a lot more weight and ballooned up to 326 pounds. I was so heavy that I developed abdominal hernias. I had them repaired but the hernias kept recurring. I knew I couldn't live that way and after much thought I made a decision to do something really drastic. I found a wonderful surgeon who recommended gastric bypass at which time he would repair my hernias. I lost 185 pounds and was able to get my weight down to the ideal weight range. I maintained that loss for five years and got very physically fit. Then my life fell apart again. My parents died, my sister tuned into a greedy, horrible *kitten* who accused me of mismanaging my parents' estate, and screwed me over big time. I am an emotional/stress eater and that kicked in big time. Before I knew it I had gained 60 pounds. I really ashamed of the weight gain because I promised myself that once I was fit and healthy that I would never regain the weight. To compound that my husband became seriously ill last week and had to have emergency surgery. Almost losing him really rattled me. So it's time to get a handle on a healthy, fit lifestyle. I am going to make this my priority this year because both of us need to get healthy again. To kick start my weight loss I am doing a three day protein train. This is a tool that weight loss patients use when they are feeling that they've gotten "off the track." This program consists of drinking three protein smoothies per day for three days along with lots of water. The smoothies are made of a scoop of whey protein isolate, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 fat free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit, and as many greens/veggies. Another tool that I used on my journey was the "Real Age Workout." It's a four month program that starts with walking for 30 minutes every single day for one month, then adding core training along with the daily walking for one month, then at month three in addition to the walking and core training - strength training is added, in the fourth month you are still doing the daily walk, core/strength training, endurance training is added. My husband and I gave each other fishing kayaks for Christmas. This will be our endurance training with the goal to be comfortably kayaking by the end of April. I used My Fitness Pal to keep track of my food an fitness. In hindsight, it was when I got lazy about logging in that I started gaining the weight. The one thing I didn't do with MFP was really connect with the community. So I'm adding this component to my program. I am also not going to set goal of losing 60 pounds. I am going to set short term weight loss goals. My first weight loss goal is to lose 10 pounds over the next two months. My fitness goal is to walk 15 minutes two times a day. That way my husband can walk with me getting back in shape too. So I am looking to all of you for support and motivation. I am looking forward to happy, healthy 2015.

Replies