Starting today!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to this whole fitness pal thing and don't know where to begin! I guess I need friends- haha. I'm looking to lose about 65 pounds. I'm tired of being tired and sluggish and want my energy back. I also want to be happy with the way I look again. I want my life back! Starting to count calories today and will start working out tomorrow. I'm ready to do this once and for all!!

Replies

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Welcome!
  • lindamac8
    lindamac8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Not really sure what I'm doing yet- lol.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    We are all new to this site at one time or another. This is round 2 for me. Fell off the wagon 4-5 months back. Sending you a friend request.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Having friends with the same healthy mindset is important to success! It can also feel a little overwhelming at times counting calories - but it's worth it and gets faster the longer you do it. If you need help just ask - someone will have an answer!
  • costali
    costali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just starting today too. I have checked out a few calorie counting websites. Hope myfittnesspal fits the bill. :) Looking to loose 20 lbs in 4 months. Going to Puerto Vallarta for 20th wedding anniversary. Five lbs a month. I believe that is achievable.
  • Theresa0318
    Options
    I am new too!! I guess I am not alone. Was doing well about 3 years ago and broke both wrists doing of all things exercise. I am doing a big get healthier change but giving myself some room to make mistakes. So today is the first day of tracking, first day of not smoking and my exercise will start hopefully tomorrow, with a class starting on Saturday. Its a lot but I know I can make it. If I cheat anywhere it will be with my food since I definitely don't want to smoke and since I will have a lot of time on my hands I will go to exercise to kill time. Good Luck everyone and keep in touch!
    Does anyone know of a place to get calories on veggies & fruit? I like a lot of things in my salads to make them interesting, cucs, tomatoes, ect.
  • Goldengirl322
    Options
    I'm new today too! I'm hoping to lose about 70 pounds. I've tried this before but my willpower is basically nonexistent. I would like to take a romantic trip with my husband next March, so that's my motivation!