Getting Started

Options
Looking for tips on getting started and advice on calorie intake. I get nervous to eat too many calories, but I also know if I am burning 1000 calories at the gym (as per my chest strap HRM) I need to be eating those calories back....What have others done? What has helped you get past this "eat less lose more" mentality? I feel like I'm finally mentally in the right place to fight this fight for the long haul but I can't seem to get past this fear of "eating too much"

Any info is helpful!

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Have you used MFP's calculator to see how much you should be eating per day? Entered your weight and height and activity level and calculated your daily calories/ what was the amount given to you per day?

I need to know this to know where you are starting from. You're certainly already in good shape.

Do you have an eating fear and do you try not to eat too much per day and is that a problem for you?

Let me know then I can answer more clearly.
  • mdeletrain
    mdeletrain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi RobinsEgg, Thank you so much for responding. I have done the calculations and it says I should be eating 1210 calories a day which seems like a good number but I have that fear of eating back my burned calories to still meet that number. I think it is a fear of eating too much...I also used to tend to hoard my calories ie: eat very strictly during the day- just in case I got hungry... and then I don't meet my calories.

Yesterday I did well, ate throughout the day (got to about 1000 calories) but then I burned 1000 calories at the gym and only ate about another 500 after that so I only ate 300 of the 1000 burned (if that makes sense)

Thank you again