Hitting my HIGH Caloric Goal (please help)

Options
I am 5'9" and a lean 175. I am trying to get to a lean 185 and my daily caloric intake is under 4000. How ever I eat 5-6 times a day including a protein shake. I have no problem hitting any of my goals except for calories. I eat basic, and healthy. Can someone please suggest some hi calorie foods i can add to my daily diet. While still trying to stay lean and eat "healthy". And by healthy I mean I dont want to add cake or sweets to my diet. Please help. Thank you!

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your current diet entails, but here are some foods for thought: Avocado, nuts, nut butters, extra virgin olive oil, and whole eggs.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ice crream
    pizza
    beer
    bagels
    gummy bears
    cream cheese
    snickers
    chocolate covered almonds
    trail mix
    M and M's
    Milk
    Chocolate Milk

give up on "eating healthy" there is nothing unhealthy about rounding out your day with some delicious ice cream.

You don't get bonus points for extra micros.

And when it comes to bulking- you can do "healthy" perfect macros all you want- but the reality is you won't hit your goals. Calories are king in a bulk- everything else is playing second fiddle.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    6 meals @ 600 calories each. Plus a pre and post workout shake = 4000+

Healthy breakfast in a bowl (~600 cals)
    2 servings oatmeal
    1 serving almonds
    1/2 cup 1% milk (increase % for more calories)
    1 serving all bran buds (I need the fibre) - you can replace with berries.

For the rest of your healthy eating - focus on quality protein and healthy fats - you can get there! (Adding "unhealthy ones" helps a lot though). In this regard I strongly agree with JoRocka's post above.
  • insanebulls
    insanebulls Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you all
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Two words: Peanut Butter