Still hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    A cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk is only 30 calories and has fat in it. Probably will make you feel more full. I agree with prior poster, though. I don't like to drink my calories. Not enough bang for the buck.

Veggies like cauliflower, string beans, cabbage are filling to me. I saute in olive oil with fresh minced garlic and have some lean protein for dinner. I just started eating grapefruit again. It's pretty low cal but also has some "girth" to feel like your eating something of substance.

I was home for 2 weeks over the holidays and found I was thinking about food much more than when I am at work. I worried I would feel hungry or need to chew. Ironically, I actually ate way under my calorie goal (not my intention) because I woke up so late everyday.

At work I struggle to eat all my meals and I never manage to do it on time. The reason is that I am busy and distracted. If you are truly hungry, you should eat. If you just are bored and want to chew, have some sugarless gum or a small piece of fruit or just do something to take your mind off of it.

I've lost a good amount of weight and things have gone well so far. My biggest concern / wish is that when I reach my goal and start maintaining I am not fixated on food. Food has been way too important in my life and shouldn't be. I want to eat to live and not the other way around. When I think of my lean friends, that's how they view food. I enjoy good food but there are 1000 other things I also enjoy. Doing those thing while on my journey has really helped me to make this an enjoyable process.

Good luck!!!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great posts. I wish all threads could be so constructive. A word of warning for new posters about Dr. Oz. He is mocked continually on the site. Meh. The times I have seen him present something ridiculous he has usually added a quiet caveat. Be warned if you quote him or defend him you may be met with drama here. Ditto for the poster who said that celery has negative calories. I know what you are inferring. That it takes more calories to digest celery than you absorb. I agree it's a great low cal filling food. But I know that there are some sticklers on here that will contest the concept of a negative calorie.

As to how to handle hunger, my advice (in addition to some of the advice already dispensed) would be to consider upping your calorie goal slightly. Real hunger is wearing. In my opinion, it's not worth the risk of abandoning the diet completely.
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such great advice. I appreciate it.