Goal Weight Treat

Options
What are you going to treat youself to, if anything, once you've hit your goal weight?

I feel like maybe I'll get my belly button pierced again...we'll see.

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I joined my local Y and got myself some workout clothes that fitted me. I love it. It's a great gym, full of friendly people of all shapes and sizes and I get to workout while my daughter has her swim practices.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Brand new wardrobe!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'll be going shopping and buying some nicer clothes again, to start working in some more expensive, nicer quality staple items. Since losing weight I've stuck to mostly (not all) thrift store clothing, all of my old nice clothes are way too big on me. Don't get me wrong, I still dress nicely, just not as nice as I'd like to be looking. And probably starting to plan some kind of awesome adventure trip, I'm not sure what yet. This summer I hope to sky dive to celebrate 100 pounds lost, something along those lines, but different, maybe some intense backpacking, or whitewater rafting, all I know is it will include doing things I never would have dreamed I could do before!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    New clothes (both workout and regular ones)! Oh and loving going into some of the stores that is geared to a much "younger crowd" and being able to buy stuff that is 1/2 the price. :D
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy new clothes and have them tailored to fit. I feel so much more confident in clothes that fit me. I'll be glad to stop wearing baggy clothes but I don't want to spend much on clothes until I am at a weight I intend to stay at.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying new clothes, but I have so many pairs of jeans and shorts that are still in excellent condition, that don't fit at the moment. That WILL be another treat, fitting into my old clothes again!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying new clothes, but I have so many pairs of jeans and shorts that are still in excellent condition, that don't fit at the moment. That WILL be another treat, fitting into my old clothes again!

I donated all my old clothes a few years ago, I realized that even when I am back to the size I was at 20 I don't want to dress like a 20 year old at 30. It would be nice to know I could fit into them again, I wish I had kept something for posterity.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

You'd be astonished how much styles (and styles for ages) change. At age 26, I recently fit into a pair of jeans from high school. Yeaaaah. Me at 17 wore low-rise, wide boot cut. These days, everyone wears skinny or straight leg, maybe with the world's smallest boot cut. The rise is also higher.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    imma do a tough mudder in the middle of July in just a sports bra and shorty shorts.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

You'd be astonished how much styles (and styles for ages) change. At age 26, I recently fit into a pair of jeans from high school. Yeaaaah. Me at 17 wore low-rise, wide boot cut. These days, everyone wears skinny or straight leg, maybe with the world's smallest boot cut. The rise is also higher.

Oh no, my pants and shorts are styles from a few years ago. Normal looking Gap & Levi's, shorts that aren't butt hanging out short. Things a 30 year old can wear. I got rid of all my young 20's clothes a long time ago. I lost 30lbs about 3 years ago and bought a new wardrobe then. Now, I just want those clothes to fit again.