dont be like this guy

Options
find a way around obstacles to get to your goal!

http://www.ncscooper.com/new-years-resolution-thwarted-by-canal-gate/

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I agree that people should be flexible thinkers and find ways around obstacles.

In case anyone doesn't know, the article is not something that really happened. That website is humorous fake news. It is a good reminder to not give up at the first stumbling block though.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that a satire site. Still, this story can be used as a metaphor for all of our excuses (yes, we all have them from time to time). Don't use excuses as a validation for giving up on our goals. Find a different route around the gate. Then you'll come back to that gate eventually, and you'll find it wide open :)
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hope he's eating gluten free Rocky Road ice cream.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    It reminds me also of the first day i decided to take on the new journey of health and weight loss, and i was marching down the road , speed walking , feeling all proud until i fell down for no reason, and a car pulled over to make sure i was ok. I was sooooo embarrassed. But.... i got right back up and kept on counting my 10,000 steps, a little bruised up but i did it!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    It reminds me also of the first day i decided to take on the new journey of health and weight loss, and i was marching down the road , speed walking , feeling all proud until i fell down for no reason, and a car pulled over to make sure i was ok. I was sooooo embarrassed. But.... i got right back up and kept on counting my 10,000 steps, a little bruised up but i did it!

Good for you! The first day with my pedometer app, I crapped out at 5,000 steps. But...it was more than I'd ever walked in one day in a LONG time. I still "won" that day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    LOL Hope that's fake!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just trying to keep a certain kind of person out. I can respect that.

midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There's a gate like this on the trail near my house. My new excuse to skip walking - can't get through the gate! :p
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    when i first started, i woulda turned around and went home all bummed. nowadays i'd make it an obstacle course and jump over or climb under.
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everything in life boils down to a matter of desire . . . .. How bad do you want it !!
    funny story though! Thanks for sharing!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh, "“I was hoping that since its so busy, I might get paid like a union employee at Safeway or something,” Mr. Johnson wondered out loud. “Weird, eh? We’re all progressives here, and yet we’re not members of a labor union.”"
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Ha! Good metaphor for sure! It makes you think. I actually thought it was real all the way down to when the guy went on and on about Gluten and GMOs. That was a bit over the top (not that those are potential real issues, but it just read as fake).
  • Lauren5280
    Lauren5280 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hahaha That's awesome!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I know it's satire, but it's too damned close to how people think that I'm scared.
    tumblr_luim2aPR6b1qmkex7o1_500.gif
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Cheyenelikewyoming Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I guess it would be time to get inventive.....
    gykuqx0q6u6y.jpg
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    i'm hungry for rocky road ice cream now.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I know it's a joke, but being able to fit through smaller spaces is one of my favorite weight loss triumphs. The day I could walk past the grocery cart while in the line was a great day.

Stuff like that really did suck.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I know it's a joke, but being able to fit through smaller spaces is one of my favorite weight loss triumphs. The day I could walk past the grocery cart while in the line was a great day.

Stuff like that really did suck.

I know what you mean, on Boxing Day we went out to lunch in a crowded cafe, and being able to move between tables without rubbing my gut on anyone was a huge win!
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncscooper.com/juice-diet-threatens-marriage/

Very funny site, the best bits are the author bios.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    fjzvkfer6z74.jpeg
    I'm going to be depressed too!