Hello!

Options
Hi I'm Dana... I found this wonderful calorie tracker on my Iphone... the ease and convenience has been wonderful! I even got my husband doing it! Don't you just love technology.

I'm a mother of 3, grandmother of 4, I'm a certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, I own my own nutrition counselling business and I've lost 40 pounds on my own, but having trouble getting the rest of it off. I keep fighting the battle as they say. I'm a big whole food advocate (the way mother nature created food), but I just eat too much. I do have a sweet tooth once in awhile which can get me into trouble. I believe I'm overweight because I don't like to exercise, and just an extra 250 calories a day or week can really add up over the years if you're not exercising. After tracking my calories for a few days, I'm amazed at how much i was overeating and didn't even know it. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday (1 week), to see my progress. I'm really committed to watching my calorie intake... and we are in the process of building a home gym in our home, so I'm committing to working out daily. I know it will make a difference!

Thanks for all your great posts! They are helping me get acclimated to the site and the tools. Good luck!

Replies

• Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana! There are some great tools available here :)

I'm a big whole food advocate too and am working on switching my family over and getting rid of all the junk!
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for the post Cynthia! I know how hard it is to get the family switched over... my husband fought it for a long time... now he's on board thank God! We use a whole food supplement that really helps too. It's not only how we look on the outside that defines health, it's really important on what our insides look like! We can be fit, but not healthy. Our cell health is critical to overall true health, whole foods create optimal cell health! Ofcourse we can't be truely healthy without being fit too... it takes both! Keep up the great work!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I'm totally addicted :)
  • chalayne
    chalayne Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

It astonished me when I started actually tracking that when I thought I was being good, I wasn't!