Back at it after holiday break

I wasn't about to go through the holidays trying to count calories and not enjoy myself, not to mention the fact how much I love to cook and bake on a regular basis, the holiday season around here is covered in baked goodies to and from friends and family as well as the warm comfort foods cooked and served. My results are an extra 5 pounds I have added to my goal weight to lose, and I am totally ok with that for sure, considering the other option lol.
So now it's time to get serious again. I am a christian homeschool mother of three, and even though southern grown and bred, love has led me into the heart of the midwest, where they eat noodles on mashed potatoes of all things! Have never been happy with my weight even when I was younger and actually had a great figure, so working on my self esteem among other things in this journey. For me this is not just a lose weight thing, I want to better myself on many levels.......I am not a diet person, I can't ever seem to stay on track that way. I have better luck with increasing my fruit and veggie intake and lowering my starch and bad foods, with the kids running around with their goodies a diet wouldn't last a day in this house. Would love to meet other in the same boat, who would be encouraging and needing the same in return. Wishing all a happy new year, and the best of luck on their new journey.