Spinning bike for home

Options
I am considering a spinning bike for home. I would appreciate any input as to what to or what to not purchase. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Have you taken spin before? I hadn't, so I didn't want to pull the trigger on anything too expensive in case it turned out to be something I didn't enjoy that much. We wanted a piece of at home cardio equipment but didn't have room for a treadmill. So we got a Sunny Fitness spin bike off Amazon that was under $200. It has a fully adjustable seat but fixed handlebars, and only a 20lb flywheel. We haven't had it for long but if we end up riding it into the ground then I will consider shelling out more for a higher end one.

If you have a good road bike you can consider a bike trainer. We live in NJ and have mountain bikes that would not have easily been carried upstairs to our guest room & back. :smile:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have taken a class and really liked it. I ride my bike most of the year but think I would like to spin at home in the "off" season.
  • SpunkBean
    SpunkBean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike (also ordered from Amazon). I've used it roughly 3 hours a week for about a year. I really like it so far-- it does make a high pitched squeal when I am using a lot of resistance on climbs, but it's barely noticeable with headphones on :) So far it has held together just fine, no problems with it.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have a keiser m3. What a bike it is, beautifully made and a joy to use.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Nordictrak 5.1 excellent piece of equipment, fully adjustable, good resistance levels, silent to run and good display information I have however fitted cleated pedals which I think makes a hell of a difference.

Im in England though so not sure if Nordictrak available in USA though I should think so.

I paid £340 and worth every penny if it means I don't have to go to a gym ever again ;)
  • hayleyrue
    hayleyrue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I got my spin bike for christmas last year and am absolutely in LOVE! I have used it throughout the winter and am stoked that spring is finally here so I can ride outside. I work 630am to 730pm and often find pulling my *kitten* out of bed at 430am for a workout to be a struggle. Having my spin bike at home makes it so much easier.

After typing all of this I realized this is an older post.. did you end up investing in one?