Need an Alternative to Sugary Flavored Yogurt!

Options
2»

Replies

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yogurt inherently has some lactose sugar in it, you are not going to find any that has very low sugar. A lot of the lower sugar ones use artificial sweeteners for the flavoring to try and keep it low. I like Siggi's brand 9g sugar/13g protein/110c a container (varies by flavor.) Their plain still has 4g of sugar per container.
  • phoenixhoosier
    phoenixhoosier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No reason other than every day I seem to be going over in the sugar category. I agree that maybe there is an over-emphasis on this category because a grapefruit and a tangerine in one day will push you close to going over. I'm no nutrition expert, but I don't think I would encourage not eating a couple pieces of fruit a day unless there's a good reason. Right?
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am over in sugar but registered nutritionist as well as MD said because most of mine comes from natural sugar (fruit) they said not to even worry about it. I add protein to yogurt at times agree texture is off if added to greek yogurt. I do try some plain and add fruit, nuts, cereal and spices to it at times.
    For dairy try Almond milk if you are looking at calcium I love the taste. I also find I love cheese on a lot and use low fat grated cheese on salads, sandwiches, meat, Mexican etc
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    No reason other than every day I seem to be going over in the sugar category. I agree that maybe there is an over-emphasis on this category because a grapefruit and a tangerine in one day will push you close to going over. I'm no nutrition expert, but I don't think I would encourage not eating a couple pieces of fruit a day unless there's a good reason. Right?

I mentally hated seeing red even when it was something that didn't matter. (I eat tons of vegetables and fruit so I was always over on fiber, so I stopped tracking it.)

You can adjust what you track here myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings just take sugar off and replace it with something you'd prefer to see daily. You can still see it (and anything you don't track under reports) myfitnesspal.com/reports
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you've got nothing against artificial sweetener yoplait source greek only has 3g of sugar. I like the vanilla ones..... or there's Yoplait source with Stevia that has 6g sugar if you prefer Stevia.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt plus fresh fruit
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sugar is necessarily bad. Plus, since you already mentioned that there isn't can specific issue with sugar other than seeing red, I'll just state it's almost impossible to hit every target perfectly. Most days, I was over in sodium and sugar. Maybe, like someone mentioned, replace sugar with a more important target like fiber.
  • phoenixhoosier
    Options
    Yeah, seeing that red number every day drives me nuts (accountant). haha
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Easiest solution has already been suggested: stop tracking sugar!
  • phoenixhoosier
    Options
    Yeah, I agree.