Any suggestions for a good low impact workouts?

Options
I'm mostly looking for DVD ideas to expand my library. I have a couple Leslie Sansone that I use and for the outside, I walk and bike.

I can't do jumping, twisting motions.

Thanks. :)

Replies

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have to unfortunately change up my routine. I can’t jog/walk for 2-4 weeks due to an injury on my foot. My Dr. suggested biking, swimming or Pilates. I am having a hard time w/this though because I walk during my lunch hour & as soon as I get home hop on the treadmill, before the kids, etc. distract me. I tried the bike, but I think I got a bruise somewhere uncomfortable & am hesitant to get back on it… So like you I need to find something else. Oh by the way Belly dancing is a lot of fun, have you tried that yet?
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    try yoga and pilates....
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing sounds like so much fun! I wonder if i can stand my kids laughing at me? hahaha

I do some yoga and pilates, and I enjoy it. The pilates I do is mostly from memory. Does anyone have a DVD they can recommend?
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing sounds like so much fun! I wonder if i can stand my kids laughing at me? hahaha

I do some yoga and pilates, and I enjoy it. The pilates I do is mostly from memory. Does anyone have a DVD they can recommend?

They will probably join you. It really is a lot of fun. Look into our local community centers for classes including adult Ed.