100 Calorie Pack Ideas--Help!

dognurse32
dognurse32 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I am looking for ideas for 100 calorie Snack Pack ideas. I'm looking for generic brands OR easily packaged ones. I'm looking for sweet things- ie-- Fudge Covered Sandies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Drizzled Rice Pops, etc. I bag my own snack packs of crackers, pretzels, veggies, raisins, fruits, etc but am having a hard time finding affordable sweet treats that are easily broken down into 100 calorie packs. Any and all ideas
generic brand pre-packaged or normal size ones that are easily portioned!

Replies

• lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    My local Safeway has 100 calorie snacks already pre-packed (I.e. Oreos, crackers, etc.). Try asking at the grocery store?
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Nuts are doable, but they can be hard to be satisfying - unless it's pistachios. What about chocolate chips mix with almonds? I used to do that a few years ago.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Nilla Wafers. I found a generic brand at my grocery that didn't have the hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup that I think the brand name might have. You'd have to check the label. They're about 15 calories a pop, so 6 of them would put you at 90. Love them dunked in coffee.

The basic Nature Valley crunchy granola bars are typically about 180 calories a pack of two, so you could split those up and have 90-cal packs.

Two Fig Newtons is 110, and those come in generic.

How important is it to be at 100 calories exactly?
  • tamelamcmurray
    tamelamcmurray Posts: 10 Member
    Cheerios Dark Chocolate Multigrain Crunch is delicious and healthy. I think they are a bit more than 100 calories( maybe 110 for 3/4 cup), but still are a good idea to pre-pack.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Grab any package of cookies you like and package them yourself in 100ish calorie portions. Choose cookies that are small and not too loaded with stuff so they are not too high calorie. Nilla wafers are a good example. Also things like Teddy Grahams and animal crackers are a little sweet and should be easily portioned into snack baggies. You can buy a giant container of animal crackers at Costco and a box of those little snack sized baggies and it'd last you awhile.

Also something like GORP (raisins and peanuts) would be good. I am not a huge raisin fan, normally, but they pair so nicely with peanuts.
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    One medium sized Banana is about 100 kcal. Comes pre-packed, and pretty affordable, too.
  • What about the 100cal popcorn if you have a micro accessible
  • ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 35 Member
    do you have an Aldi's near you? If you do they carry a line of diet food called Fit&Active. There are several items that you could use that is already packaged. some is 90 calories and some of them are more.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I like quacker caramel rice cakes. Caramel kettle corn is good. Fiber one bars. I'm not big on sweets. Not much help but those are a few.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    I break down bags of pretzels into snack size baggies. My youngest daughter loves to have a baggie of pretzels, and will have a "Jif to Go" with it.

My most favorite 100 cal snack is: Chocolite triple chocolate fudge protein bars. They have about 100 calories, 10g protein, 10g fiber, and are sugar free/gluten free. My husband likes the Cashew Caramel and the Peanut Butter flavors too. We both like the Cookies and Cream. We get them from www.healthsmartfoods.com, and there are usually coupon codes at www.retailmenot.com. I usually have 1 or 2 a day - mostly as a snack, but to also get in enough fiber.

Yogurt or light string cheese are also "go to snacks" for me. My husband likes the Ritz Crackerfuls, or the Keebler Toasted Peanut Butter Crackers.