How do I record this?

Options
I'm using an exercise bike that has rowing handlebars - like this ==> 1.bp.blogspot.com/-oUE7oYctm8g/Uu-cAdZRvlI/AAAAAAAABKM/sbbsuzczG00/s1600/Lifecore+fitness+Assault+Air+bike+trainer.jpg

How would I record that? I was just using "stationary bike", but I was told today that the rowing adds to the workout quite a bit.

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    it's called a cross trainer ... and is classed as an elliptical.
  • LordDlichnum
    Options
    Gotcha! Thanks!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    but sitting on it vs standing on an elliptical you would burn less calories so I'd put down less time than you actually spent
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    don't forget if you're using the MFP database / machine to only eat back 50 - 75% of calories due to general over-estimation errors

as steady-state cardio that should be a good exercise to track with an HRM if you have one
  • LordDlichnum
    Options
    According to this site, I'm only eating between 400 and 850 calories, and am going to die, so I don't think I need to worry much about it, haha. Unless you meant eat back in a different way, then I dunno.

I don't think I can actually stand on my machine. As it is the seat is just high enough I need to wear boots to fit on it perfectly. I have short legs apparently.

i.imgur.com/7seJh6H.jpg