What's your favorite smoothie?

Options
Hey MyFitPals,

I am trying to solicit some GOOD smoothie recipes. If you have a favorite one (or more), do you mind sharing?!?!

Thank you!

>>Feel free to add me as a friend<< :)

Replies

• Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have found that the secret WOW ingredient for me has been dark cherries. Their powerful flavor covers up anything you might want to hide in your smoothie (greens, etc.) and they make the most beautiful color.

I have smoothies for breakfast nearly every day and alternate between fruit flavors and dessert flavors (such as chocolate, peanut butter, mint, etc.) A banana serves as a great base for either. I use almond milk and ice with the occasional yogurt addition if I have it on hand. Spinach and kale are good for "hiding." I am extremely picky about protein powders as I find most of them to be more trouble than they are worth. I use Syntha-6 protein powder in banana cream and chocolate cake batter. Both of them taste very good and can be combined with the other ingredients I mentioned to make delicious-as-dessert smoothies.

I'm not sure I really have a recipe as each morning I tend to just toss things in experimentally.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like smoothies too, but with the cold weather I haven't been making them. Rather have something warm on cold mornings!

My top 2 favorite to make are both chocolate ones :)

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana

1 C Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
    Ice (at your discretion)
    1/2 banana, sliced (freeze the banana for a thicker smoothie)
    1 T low-fat peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Mix in blender and enjoy.....this one is like drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. So yummy!!

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mocha

1 C Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
    Ice
    1/2 C fresh or frozen raspberries
    1 t instant coffee
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Mix in blender and enjoy....this one tastes like something you would get at a fancy coffee shop.

Hope you enjoy these!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    frozen strawberries, frozen banana slices, a big scoop of yogurt, about 1/2 cup of milk, a splash of vanilla. Process in food processor until smooth and like soft serve. You can leave off the strawberries and add PB2 for peanut butter banana flavor, or you can add frozen peaches... many possibilities. I just don't recommend blueberries because the skins make a weird texture.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    2 scoops Trutein vanilla protein powder
    1 1/2 c frozen strawberries
    water

Tastes so much like a strawberry milkshake that I haven't wanted a real one in over a year. :)
  • vickeydorton
    vickeydorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    protein powder? isn't that high I calories??