Kettlebell pros - advice needed

Options
I've used kettlebells for the past couple of years (sometimes seriously, sometimes not). The past few months I've been using my 15 lb. bell and figured it was time to step up to the 20 or 25. Bought 20 and 25 lb. bells but they are very small in size (compared to my others) and seem to be more difficult (heavy) to use. Does the size (volume, not weight) of the kettlebell make a difference in ease of use or effectiveness?

Yes, I've weighed them. They are pretty much on track as far as stated weight.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The compactness of the kettlebell shouldn't matter. The weight of it is the important thing. However, I stick strictly to kettlebells that are in the traditional kettlebell style (i.e. the ball and handle). I know they have some that are in a kind of boxy shape.

I've been told to start out heavier than you think you can do b/c you'll outgrow it quick, if you're using them regularly.

I hope this helped. Sorry if it didn't.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is your 15lb. a sand-filled one and the others iron or something? I have an 8kg and 12kg (around 18 and 26 lbs.), both iron, and they seem pretty proportional.

I agree that the size isn't important like the weight is. I suppose one that is too big could be a problem but compact should be a good thing.