The winning attitude - What is YOUR motivation?

Options
Train4Foodz
Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys,
Over the past week there have been countless new people joining up and countless new posts introducing themselves,
I am hugely impressed by all the motivation and dedication I've seen here by both the new people AND the people that have been so encouraging!

This community is so helpful, welcoming and supportive.. Just looking though these threads warms me up!

So, maybe we can all share what motivates us when we get to a 'slump'.. we all get there sometimes, these journeys are far from easy but they are 100% worth it!!

What gets you back on track when things haven't gone so well???
(To any new people, maybe tell us what was you're motivation to make this YOUR time for better health, what has been your biggest motivation so far??)

Keep up being awesome, keep on being YOU!!

I'll start.

Looking back on my photo's from before I started my journey to better health, no matter how hard the journey forward may be, it's 110% easier than going back to the way I was!

Replies

• bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    In my mind this is what I see and am striving towards.

I'm just looking forward to how I used to be, fun and someone what active, I'm looking forward to the spring and summer to enjoying the weather and looking good. I told my husband that I want to ride a motorcycle again with- out fat blowing behind me. (In my mind that's how I feel.). Chances are I really can't ride due to an accident a few years ago while benign a passenger we were hit by a car, which I had some major injuries which has created this weight gain, but it's been 4 years now time to pick me up and forge on! I'm ready. I'm alive, so I'm going to live it.

Thanks for all the support and motivation that I have received from here.

• bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sorry type o's, didn't know how to edit after posted
  • votick
    votick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the reminder that I have control over my life and what I do with it. I use this even when I don't have a long term goal for something, basically how I get all of my motivation.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    First and foremost is my son and anytime I see him getting into bad habits I try to be the role model I should be. Also, I do cosplay so I schedule conventions and photoshoots periodically throughout the year so I can keep myself focused on looking and being my best.
  • MsTuT1
    MsTuT1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you. Old photos are what motivate me to never go back down that route, along with that old pair of jeans I want to squeeze back into.

My new motivation is definitely going to be my son though. I want to keep up with him as he grows and who knows maybe one day keep up with his kids!

#Motivation #2015 #bigplans
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This might be a weird one, but mine is pants. Lots and lots of pants. I want to have a pair of jeans that covers my butt and the top of my shoes, and to be able to buy them from more than just one store (I'm tall, there aren't many options in Australia). To be able to find a pair of black dress pants to wear to work. To find sweats that don't flap above my ankles somewhere because I have no choice because of my size.

Of course my health and helping take the stress of my back injury, but pants would be the total icing on the cake.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The pictures of myself at my highest weight. The fact that the jeans I wear every day are size 12. I'm reminded every day and so totally ashamed that I let myself get like this, and that's my only motivation.
  • carmenlourdes13
    carmenlourdes13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hy it's me from the caribbean

I want to meet myself.
    When I get divorced in 1995, I developed an eating disorder and used to to have several dinner after my childrens went to bed, going from 153 pounds to 280.
    In 2013 I decided to lose 40 pounds and so I did, but gained 15 pounds in 2014, now I decided to eat normally using the help of myfitnesspal and try to lose 115 pounds at all , no matter the time it gets, I d'nt know how, but I'll try my best to do it.
    My motivation is to go back and rescue the person I used to be before my marriage, the one that used to belive in myself, in my proyects and capacities, the one that took care of herself, and her family, this is for my own health and my family's happiness.

This is my biggest motivation. Good luck everyone.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I just want chicks to dig me.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Loving the replies so far, some awesome motivation going on!!!!

Loving the honesty there @Mr_knight lol!!!!

You're all awesome :D