First Time Mommy

Options
Hi Everyone!!!

I'm a first time mommy ready to drop this baby weight. I was blessed with a beautiful healthy baby boy this past July and unfortunately gained a lot of weight with the pregnancy. I'm currently at 227 and the goal is to drop 50lbs. I'm looking for positive people to join this weight loss journey with me. Lets show 2015 what we are made of!!!!!

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    With the awesome attitude you have, you got this!!!!

Give it 110% all the way, it's worth it!!

All the best,
    Adam
  • MsTuT1
    MsTuT1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks Adam.
  • guajar2
    Options
    I'm there with you! Been struggling with this for years, my boy wil be born in April, and I promised this
  • dorothyore
    Options
    I'm in, also a first time mom
  • MsTuT1
    Options
    Awesome. Glad to have you both join in. We can do this together!!
  • MsTuT1
    Options
    Congrats to you both on the babies as well :D
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I just had a baby too and I still have weight to lose... Oh wait. She is now 6 and I still have the weight. Hah! Better late than never right? Let's do this:)
  • MsTuT1
    Options
    I can relate! I just had a baby too and I still have weight to lose... Oh wait. She is now 6 and I still have the weight. Hah! Better late than never right? Let's do this:)

Lol Too funny and true!
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 2 and while I was already in need of losing weight when I got pregnant with him, I gained a *ton* of weight on top of that. It's tough! But you sound like you've got a good attitude and determination, and that's half the fight right there. :)
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! I have a four year old and i am expecting our second child this coming june. I got up to 211 lbs from when my son was age 1-3 lol not exactly baby weight. Im now at 159. Add me!!
  • ashleyweaver3
    Options
    I had a baby in October. . . Of 2013. I am still up about 7 lbs from my pre-baby weight and 20lbs from my regular happy weight. I have been working out at least 2-3 times a week for a year. Now it's all about diet. I have dropped 6lbs in a week (mostly water weight I know) but it helped me find determination. Goodbye plateaus. Goodbye fat jeans. Hello skinny me!!
  • hbullard2013
    hbullard2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are thinking this might be the year we try to have a baby so I want to shed some weight so I have a healthy pregnancy. It'll be good to hear from ladies who have already had their babies so I know what to expect:)
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a baby back in April. I dropped down to what I was before I was pregnant, but I had also been trying to lose weight when I first became pregnant. I still have 34lbs or so to go and this baby belly needs to go away.
  • mkearin
    Options
    I would love to support you on your journey! I am also trying to loose the baby weight from my 2nd child, and trying to get healthy! Add me :)
  • PhotoMom82
    PhotoMom82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Momma of a July baby too (baby girl) Looking to lose 40lbs! Feel free to add me!
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a baby October 1st. I gained close to 50 pounds. I've got 15 pounds to lose. I've had a weight loss stall during christmas till now. But I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. This is my second baby. It seems to be taking a little longer for the weight to shed. But in all honesty, I'm not doing as much exercise as I did last time. It has been harder to get exercise in now that I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. But I will eventually figure it out. Getting fit after a baby is entirely possible. I was the slimmest I've ever been (since puberty) between pregnancies. Work hard and you will meet your goals!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm still 5 weeks away from being a mom but you can add me if you'd like. There's a mom group here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/972-mom-on-a-mission
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    My husband and I are thinking this might be the year we try to have a baby so I want to shed some weight so I have a healthy pregnancy. It'll be good to hear from ladies who have already had their babies so I know what to expect:)

I'm in the same boat. I have around 36 more pounds to go before I'm at a healthy weight to start trying.
  • MsTuT1
    Options

Thats great news. I think the biggest thing to remember is to stay active during your pregnancy as well. You should start taking prenatals now too.

One thing I regret is thinking I'm eating for two. Portion control is still important while you are pregnant since you only need a few hundred extra calories. You will have all sorts of weird cravings lol but again you just have to monitor your intake and remember that what you eat your baby will eat. I've added you so we will chat more :)
  • MsTuT1
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    I'm still 5 weeks away from being a mom but you can add me if you'd like. There's a mom group here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/972-mom-on-a-mission

Awesome! I know your super excited to have that little one here soon. I've added you and will definitely check out this group as well.

Thanks.