The cruise KILLED ME!

Options
I finished a Half Iron Man (yeah me). Took a week off from working out went on a cruise and just LOST IT. Now after being back for a week the pounds have stayed with me. 8 pounds gained. UGH!
I hate to enter that into my scale :( I worked so HARD

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    About 3.5 years ago I went on a cruise - 7 months pregnant! Talk about killer! I gained more that 1 week than any other whole month being pregnant!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Just got back from a cruise too. The only good thing about the food is that it isn't as good as home, so you can't eat as much as you would otherwise! The food on shore, though--that's a whole other story.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my third cruise on July 11th for our 20th wedding anniversary. I am really really going to try to be good. One thing I plan to do is to order the chocolate melting cake and fresh fruit for dessert and use the melting cake as a fondue for my fruit and not eat the whole cake! now the cruise lines have a healthier menu to choose from and the food is tasty so it's not as hard. plus I plan to hit up the fitness center a couple of times. And always take the stairs. never get into an elevator!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I got back from Hawaii about 2 weeks ago, and i think I gained 4 or 5 pounds! :( Sucky!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I finished a Half Iron Man (yeah me). Took a week off from working out went on a cruise and just LOST IT. Now after being back for a week the pounds have stayed with me. 8 pounds gained. UGH!

Don't give up, just do not give up!

You did work hard to lose your weight, however, if you hadn't lost that weight would you have been able to do that Haslf Iron Man? You may have put on 8lbs but you STILL weight 8lbs less than you did when you first started!

Just go back to what you were doing before the cruise with your eating and exercise and it will fall away again.

Congratulations on completing that Half Iron Man by the way, WTG!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Don't give up, just do not give up!

You did work hard to lose your weight, however, if you hadn't lost that weight would you have been able to do that Haslf Iron Man? You may have put on 8lbs but you STILL weight 8lbs less than you did when you first started!

Just go back to what you were doing before the cruise with your eating and exercise and it will fall away again.

Congratulations on completing that Half Iron Man by the way, WTG!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm going on another cruise in October, but this time I plan on using the fitness center & doing lots of walking! I'm hoping I don't gain...we will be gone 11 days, so hopefully the scale will be nice to me! :happy:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Dang, I want to go on a cruise.