Calorie Needs

Options
2»

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, avocados, and red meat are all pretty calorie dense options.
    No need to survive on salads and low calorie items to lose weight.
    Don't be afraid to fit some treats into your day as well, like ice cream or cookies.
    Is red meat the only option as far as meats go? I haven't eaten red meat since I was about 7! Lol

Nope; I just suggested it, because some cuts can be pretty calorie dense!
    Chicken can be dressed up with breadcrumbs and olive oil, or coated in corn starch and fried in veggie oil.

I make fried buffalo chicken bites with around 4oz of chicken per serving (I use them on salads), and it's less than 300 calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for your advice everyone! I don't eat "low fat" or "diet" anything I just try to add lots of greens and fruits to every meal. It makes me full and I have trouble reaching 1870cal. I can definitely add more oils, avacado, nut butters, and treats

Do you use a food scale?

Also, you can add duck instead of red meat for a higher calorie option. They also have 93/7 ground turkey.
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, avocados, and red meat are all pretty calorie dense options.
    No need to survive on salads and low calorie items to lose weight.
    Don't be afraid to fit some treats into your day as well, like ice cream or cookies.
    Is red meat the only option as far as meats go? I haven't eaten red meat since I was about 7! Lol

Nope; I just suggested it, because some cuts can be pretty calorie dense!
    Chicken can be dressed up with breadcrumbs and olive oil, or coated in corn starch and fried in veggie oil.

I make fried buffalo chicken bites with around 4oz of chicken per serving (I use them on salads), and it's less than 300 calories.

Thanks!! I might just do chicken and breadcrumbs tonight with tomato sauce! Chicken parm is a favorite of mine that I haven't had in a while!
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice everyone! I don't eat "low fat" or "diet" anything I just try to add lots of greens and fruits to every meal. It makes me full and I have trouble reaching 1870cal. I can definitely add more oils, avacado, nut butters, and treats

Do you use a food scale?

Also, you can add duck instead of red meat for a higher calorie option. They also have 93/7 ground turkey.
    I don't use a food scale. Do you think that's something I should invest in? Also I'm willing to try duck, but I also eat lamb. Is that a calorie dense meat?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Do you use a food scale?

I don't use a food scale. Do you think that's something I should invest in? Also I'm willing to try duck, but I also eat lamb. Is that a calorie dense meat?

yes, get a food scale and weigh/log/measure everything.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Do you use a food scale?

Lamb is a dense foods, especially if you did rack of lamb. And the major point about the food scale, when people aren't weighing their foods, they tend to under report calories by around 400. So while you think you are eating 1300 calories, it's possible it's realistically 1700.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Hmmm.

Are you losing weight?

How far under are you going? If it's just a bit under, I personally wouldn't worry. I have my days when I don't totally reach it to the top either. Other days, I might go 50 or so cals over. It balances out. :)

How do you feel? Do you have energy?

What do you have your activity level set at and what types of activity do you do?

I've lost 1.4lbs in 12 days (at my last weigh in) and it's usually a good bit under my goal. In usually hitting around 1200-1400 while my goal is 1870. I have plenty of energy when I'm eating the right foods and I feel great! I most do dance based workouts.

I wouldn't worry about because you're actually cutting about 2600 calories a week (roughly) to achieve that rate of loss

As you get closer to goal you will have to tighten up on logging but you are definitely eating more than you can think