Just looking for some new friends who are also losing those stubborn pounds!

Options
I'm 19, 5 ft 3 and weighed in at 116 lbs this morning.

Just seeing if there's any other girls out there, not necessarily with any of the same stats as me (!) who would to like some motivation - and help motivate me!

Add me :)

Replies

• lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am 5'2" and weigh 118 lbs. I had lost the weight and kept it around 105 lbs for over a year. In the last year, I slowly put the weight back on. I am back to logging, weighing myself and reading these posts. I know the weight will come off but, at our size, I had to exercise at least an hour a day and eat less than 1200 calories. That is very hard as I like a glass of wine (I am 54 yrs old). One glass turned into two etc. I still eat good and gave up the wine. If u do not drink, don't start. I read it slows the metabolism as the body deals with the alcohol and stores the food u eat as fat.

At our size, weight loss will happen but it will be slow and u have to realize we need fewer calories than larger, taller people. Look at the % u lose vs the actual lbs. 5lbs for u is 4.3%!!! That is a lot of body weight!!!
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    I actually can eat a lot more than fellow weight-losers of my height it seems. That may have something to do with my age. When I was losing the bulk of my weight, while heavier at the time (from 130-145 lbs), I was eating 1300-1500 every day and the weight was falling off me at almost 2 lbs per week. Now I can still eat around that and lose weight, while perhaps a little slower but I'm happy with that :)

My goal is 1350 each day, but anyone who looks at my diary can see I often go way over that. But I have dropped the xmas weight already!