MFP & Fitbit not syncing?

Options
Help! In the last few months, my fitbit flex and MFP won't sync. I have to disconnect my fitbit through MFP's website, reinstall it, and then it'll update my steps on MFP. Has anyone else experience this problem?

Replies

• artcwolf
    artcwolf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mine has been having the same issue as well.
  • dirty_diana
    dirty_diana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Is it just a problem with app, or with the websites too? If it's the app, make sure you have updated your phone and the apps. I've noticed that mine start to act a little funky if I get lazy about updates.
  • heskey1109
    heskey1109 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too since yesterday. Having to un-link and re-link but my apps are bang up to date??
  • ktbz83
    ktbz83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mine isn't working either! might be a fitbit problem as I have tried all the usual tricks to force it.
  • jagrelot
    Options
    Same issue you here. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting through the phone as well as the website. I also have the latest version of both fitbit and myfitness. When I go into "Steps" to chose a device the fitbit is not listed and it is defaulted to "Don't track steps".
  • artcwolf
    Options
    it's the website i don't use the app.
  • jagrelot
    Options
    I was trying to avoid all these steps, but this worked for me.

Solution:

1. revoke access to myfitnesspal
    2. uninstall both applications
    3. reinstall both applications
    4. sync fitbit tracker to the fitbit application
    5. link both accounts again as they were previously
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There were problems all day yesterday, which may also be happening today. You can continue to unlink/relink a hundred times but that's only going to get it to sync once. There is nothing you can do to permanently fix it until the server issues are fixed. We just have no explanation from Fitbit or MFP as to what is causing this to happen. (it happens every few months in my experience).
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was having some problems today but seems to be working still.
  • artcwolf
    Options
    this has been on going for me like the original poster, at least a month or so. I've unlinked and uninstalled both apps several times, over the last month only to have to do the same thing the next day. I gave up worrying about it.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    artcwolf wrote: »
    this has been on going for me like the original poster, at least a month or so. I've unlinked and uninstalled both apps several times, over the last month only to have to do the same thing the next day. I gave up worrying about it.

Did you revoke the access on the Fitbit side? If you've been having this problem for a month the I'd probably suggest contacting Fitbit, there may be a deeper issue. Same goes to the OP. This problem only started happening again within the last 1 or 2 days for the rest of us.
  • lcreekmore
    lcreekmore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you all are from. I am from Indiana, and i have not had any isssues with mine not syncing.
  • artcwolf
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    artcwolf wrote: »

Did you revoke the access on the Fitbit side? If you've been having this problem for a month the I'd probably suggest contacting Fitbit, there may be a deeper issue. Same goes to the OP. This problem only started happening again within the last 1 or 2 days for the rest of us.

yup i did, and gave up on worrying to much about it at the begining of december (thanks life) but getting back into it so i'm trying to sort it out. I'll contact fitbit as well Thank you CM. :)
  • bakes1086
    bakes1086 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "Anyone with these issues have any luck with a fix? Still no syncing, going on day 2 for me, I hope they fix this soon."
    It seems that as I was typing this my breakfast for the day was logged with FitBit.. sooo I am hoping whatever "fix" has been done, it stays like this. Last night I had 1) revoked access to mfp 2) uninstalled both apps 3) reinstalled both apps 4) linked accounts.
    Good luck everyone!!
  • kirstylooli
    Options
    Mine has been playing up since yesterday.... my flex won't sync to the FB app, and FB wont sync to MFP! Argh!! Have e mailed FB today to see if they have any bright ideas...it's properly winding me up!! I've tried so many different things, uninstalling, revoking access, turning everything off.... ARGH!x