Losing Confidence

Options
6 months with a net gain of 5 pounds. Many people say that maintaining weight is a struggle. My problem is sticking to a plan and losing the pounds that I need to (would love to even lose 10 pounds, but should lose 30-40 pounds). I have been successful in the past with sticking to an eating plan but with so many past attempts, I think I'm dieted out. Setting my calories to a reasonable amount (1400-1500 calories) should work but I'm not consistent and I invariably go over some days and gain the weight back. Anyway, I'm very frustrated right now.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • PieSaver
    Options
    We will definitely need more details if you want specific help. But I do understand your frustration completely. You're not the only one that is at a complete loss about how to eat to lose weight. In most cases it's much simpler than eating a specific number of calories. For me I learned through trial and error that I was eating too much processed "diet" food.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

This. Plus, a few other questions:

How tall are you?
    What is your current weight?
    What is your activity level (Do you exercise? If so, approximately how many hours or minutes per week?)