Lunch time Work out ideas?

Options
Back again - finaly weighed myself today and was appalled. Wondering why I don't see it happening and why do I keep doing this to myself.
Watching portions and getting AWAY from processed foods (again). Need to go to the gym at least 2 days per week on my lunch hour. Looking for ideas for non-sweaty (not too bad at least) 30 minute workouts I can squeeze in. Also, something is wrong with my ankle and every time I try to run or put too much strain on it I'm in pain for weeks to the point where it is hard to stand on it. Insurance doesn't kick in for another month, so need to be careful with it until February.
Help? :)

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Unless you're looking for more food calories there's no need to do cardio at the gym. You'll help retain lean muscle mass if you lift heavy weights which means the weight you do lose will be almost all fat.

As far as getting so far off track, get into the habit of weighing yourself on a regular basis. Every day, every Friday, every other Friday, whatever. You'll be more likely to stay on track and not find yourself in a situation where you've gained a bunch of weight because you lost focus.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    when I started back I was getting over an achilles injury and started on the rower and the weights it worked for me to start back
  • louzeeanaman
    louzeeanaman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I go to a gym at lunch 4 of 5 days a week to lift weights. I follow one of the training programs on the Bodybuilding app using my iPhone. I don't get very sweaty and I avoid the heavy lunches. I have a protein shake before and after. I no longer get sleepy after lunch and I've dropped my body fat percentage 6% while gaining muscle tone. I highly recommend going on the Bodybuilding site and starting a Bodyspace profile. It's like a FB site of like minded folks who are very motivational and helpful to everyone no matter your starting fitness level. I'm not paid to say that but it has changesy life and I hope to help others get on a positive track too. Best Wishes!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I keep a jump rope and a pair of sneakers at work. 10-15 minutes a day on my lunch break is all you need. Excellent workout.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have been walking for 30 minutes at a fast pace in my office hallways during my hour lunch break. I put my earbuds in and jam out while walking. I also try to walk 15 min 1 mile walk away the pounds dvd at 5:40am before work in my pjs. I didn't renew my gym membership last fall and am trying to get back into to exercising again. I have a bone on bone bad left knee and not so good right knee so I have to be careful what I do. Loosing the weight helped alot but I still get twinches of pain from time to time in one or the other knee. I am planning on joining a gym this month and getting back into the gym workout routine. I figure the walking right now is better than no exercise.
    Good luck!
  • shannonc1115
    shannonc1115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I went yesterday and did a lower body workout, but somehow always feel like I'm not getting a full workout in if I'm not doing sweaty cardio. Reading your posts were just what I needed to put me in a better frame of mind. Weighing myself Tuesdays and holding myself accountable with recording EVERYTHING I eat (even the naughty-ness) is really going to help too.
    thank you thank you!!!