Are there foods you wish you could eat or liked but can't/don't?

Options

Replies

• Angelistic
    Options
    Bananas...I hate the way the are mushy feeling to me. Strange because I like other mushy foods but bananas are just gross to me and make me gag. Sad because they are common at every race.

Just FYI - bananas help lower your sodium intake as they are high in potassium. If you don't like them, have you tried including them in a smoothie with strawberries and vanilla yogurt and almond milk?

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Onions...love the taste in food but its texture is almost guaranteed to make me sick. I stick to the powdered version.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    mushrooms(alergic) and some types of sushi, i can eat some sushi, but for the all row, or mushy textured stuff my tounge just wont let me swallow it
  • SativaMad
    SativaMad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lemon fridge Cheesecake
  • Angelistic
    Options
    SativaMad wrote: »
    Lemon fridge Cheesecake

Mee too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Onions...love the taste in food but its texture is almost guaranteed to make me sick. I stick to the powdered version.

Sauté them! :)
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    celery , i wish i liked celery. Or fish i wish i could eat fish its all i would eat meat wise, i cant even eat tuna... =[
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    and egg whites, seriously folks that runny nasty bit of scrambled egg white has your belly growling? I don't believe it.
  • fixmyself
    Options
    I cannot eat mushy fruits! Like if a banana is slightly overripe, I can't eat it. I like it when my fruits are firm. Also, cooked carrots. Blegh!
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    raisins..they freak me out...and tickle my mouth/teeth
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So many good responses! Again -- thank you to all who have responded so far. I am feeling like much less of a picky eater now for not liking mushrooms!
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hate celery its do disgusting to me
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked zucchini. It's okay raw, but I can't stand it cooked.

I wish I could eat a good, crusty piece of baguette. I haven't had any gluten in the almost 18 years since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. There's a lot I wish I could eat. Good pizza. Good bread. A decent beer.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oranges and cottage cheese and oatmeal.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    No, but there's a lot I wish I didn't like! xD
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't like cookies--I have such a sweet tooth and can convince myself that "one cookie won't hurt". yeah right-when has anyone ever eaten ONE cookie?!?!! Certainly not me or I wouldn't be here with weight to lose!!!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Oh, and hummus, the name sounds like dirt :o

You don't like it because of the name? Couldn't you just call it something else?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    No. There are very few foods I dislike, so not liking them does not restrict my diet in any way.

Kale is one. I gave it two tries made two very different ways...hated both. So I moved on. There are many very healthy foods in the world...there is no magic to kale.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked zucchini. It's okay raw, but I can't stand it cooked.

This past summer my MIL saw me eating zucchini raw and thought I was crazy. They live on a farm and have grown zucchini for decades, yet she'd never even tried it raw.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Me too! I'm 47 and it's my new year's resolution to learn to like coffee this year!

Any suggestions?

I learned to drink it by first mixing hot cocoa mix with it... which I grasp adds a few calories! But it got me used to the taste. It actually only took me one morning of hot cocoa + coffee before I moved on to black coffee.

Sardines are the things I keep trying to eat and failing. Cheap, convenient, nutritious and... just can't do it! I'm going to keep trying, though. My tastes keep expanding as I get older, so hopefully they will expand to include sardines.