30DS, Ripped in 30 OR 6 week 6-pack?

Options
I've always been a HUGE Jillian fan, HUGE! I've done the Biggest Loser dvds in the past when I worked in Borders a couple of years ago (when there was a Borders!) because I got a discount.

I'm sure I have these DVDs somewhere, but I want something new.

More specifically, I want all Jillian all the time.

I see posts here on her DVDs and I want to start one! But which one?!?!?! Anyone have any experience?

Please and THANK YOU :))) I'm literally here with my Amazon tab open to start some ordering!

Replies

• klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did a couple of weeks of 30DS then got sick and stopped. THEN i decided to quit 30DS and start Ripped in 30 (don't ask why, I don't even know). So right now i am doing Rin30 and it's killer (in a good way). I am committed to this one right now. But either way, 30DS and Rin30 are pretty similar so either way you go it'll be good.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) I figure whichever I buy must be typical Jillian anyway. I've heard people have had success and I really want this to be the summer I tone to my potential.
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have RI30 and 6w6p.
    I would say RI30. Workouts are new and fresh each level, I got bored with 6w6p, I don't like level 2. :/
    RI30 gave me some awesome abs too. :)
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Looks like whatever you're doing is working! I've noticed that 30DS is available in full on youtube for free; I'm going to see if the same is true for RI30 because that would be ideal.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I did ripped in 30 and it was the one thing that got my passed just weight loss to a toned up body! I plan on doing this as soon as I'm clear to exercise after baby is born!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS twice and really like it, got great results. I'm doing RI30 now, and I think it sucks, honestly. I feel like she's trying to be too fancy and creative. I spend more time trying to remember and watch how to do each exercise than I do actually working out. Some of the moves are so easy I don't feel like I'm getting a good workout, and others are crazy and hard on my joints. (knees, wrists, ankles). She says at one point that you won't be able to do this particular exercise unless you're a professionally trained athlete. Um...guess who ISN'T at home doing Jillian Michaels workouts? Professionally trained athletes. I'm almost done with it and have had zero results.

So in short, 30DS was simple and straight to the point. If you want basic yet effective, go for that one. If you want something more complicated, maybe try RI30. I know some people like it, but it definitely wasn't for me or most of the women in my group doing it at the same time.

I haven't tried 6 week 6 pack, but would like to give that a shot sometime.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I hate 30DS (BORING), LOVE Ripped in 30 (definitely challenging and variety)...not sure about 6w6pack as I dont have it
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I did them all!! haha!

Start with 30 day shred for 30 days or longer depending on how fit your are
    then ripped in 30

if you are close to your goal, then do the 6 week 6 pack
    if not do another round of either 30 day shred of ripped in 30!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Hmmm mixed reviews!

I might have to watch both and decide.

I'm definitely going for something easy on the joints being that I just had an ankle sprain 11 days ago! I completely rehabbed my ankle almost right away while being extremely careful. I feel great now but know not to push my luck as it's still week.

I might just do all of them! One after the other. Hey, I have all summer! :)
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you're beginner and very unfit, do 30DS. RI 30 is more challenging and lots of fun, but be prepared to sweat! I'm currently on week 3, and I'm cursing at Killian almost all the time!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I did them all!! haha!

Start with 30 day shred for 30 days or longer depending on how fit your are
    then ripped in 30

if you are close to your goal, then do the 6 week 6 pack
    if not do another round of either 30 day shred of ripped in 30!

That's what I was considering. I like your thinking!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Hmmm mixed reviews!

I might have to watch both and decide.

I'm definitely going for something easy on the joints being that I just had an ankle sprain 11 days ago! I completely rehabbed my ankle almost right away while being extremely careful. I feel great now but know not to push my luck as it's still week.

I might just do all of them! One after the other. Hey, I have all summer! :)

If you're having issues with your ankles, I would definitely start with 30DS.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Done both 30DS and RI30. RI30 is more intense and not as boring as RI30. I got bored with 30DS quickly but finished RI30 and starting it again with heavier weights. It works, look at my profile pic!

Editing to add I have knee problems and was able to finish RI30. Just had to pay special attention to form.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    They are cheap, 7$ on amazon, right?
    so start with 30 day shred, you will notice the difference in week 2.
    Ripped in 30 is much harder than 30D shred.

they are both 20 min workouts with 3 circuits of 6 minutes each + warm up and cool down

6 weeks 6 pack is a 30 minute workout with 2 circuits of 15 mins. actually the same circuit repeated twice.
    the second level of 6 week 6 pack is very hard and after a week of doing it, i still can barely finish it.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    How about all of them for free? Plus a crapload more?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0nBMLdq_KbIK9u-mzpNkA

(BeFit Youtube Channel)

Edit: If you're looking for all Jillian, all the time then here's the search for Jillian in the BeFit channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit/search?query=jillian
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Want to do the *BEST* of Jillian's DVD's??? Forget about the "Ripped in 30" and "30 Day shred" workouts! Do her harder ones which she guarantees the best results!! I own every single DVD she has released and these are my absolute FAVS! They never get any easier either!

Jillian recommends doing these 2 DVD's together for ultimate transformation:

- No More Trouble Zones (This is total body circuit training with weights)
    - Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (This is amazing cardio)

I like to do "N.M.T.Z" Mon, Wed & Fri
    then "B.F.B.M" on Tues & Thurs

"6 week six pack" is a good one to add in so you dont get bored and "Killer Buns & Thighs" is also a great one for spot training!

ENJOY!!! :wink:
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    How about all of them for free? Plus a crapload more?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0nBMLdq_KbIK9u-mzpNkA

(BeFit Youtube Channel)

Edit: If you're looking for all Jillian, all the time then here's the search for Jillian in the BeFit channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit/search?query=jillian

I love this!!!! Thank you.

Thanks everyone this is just getting me verrrryyyy excited to start! I usually do a 30 minute walk to work in the morning and figure if I wake up even earlier I can do this workout first. It will be a nice morning pick me up :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How about both. I love Ripped in 30. I'm going to do it again for a few weeks because I am having Shaun T fatigue right now. I've done 6W6P also a few times. I only prefer to do the second level of that workout though since the first level feels too easy and boring.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    How about both. I love Ripped in 30. I'm going to do it again for a few weeks because I am having Shaun T fatigue right now. I've done 6W6P also a few times. I only prefer to do the second level of that workout though since the first level feels too easy and boring.

I'm definitely going to try both. I just need to buy some weights tonight! I have the kind at home where you can adjust it with the plates, but it's never ideal for these things.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Hate 30DS

Love Ripped in 30

Never tried 6 week 6pack

If you're in for something different, I love Yoga Meltdown