question about weigh ins

karen366
karen366 Posts: 141
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Saturday is my official weigh in day.(lost 1 pound :) Anyhow, this morning, I was cleaning the downstairs bathroom and I jumped on the scale...and I had lost another pound..my question is whether or not I should log the new weight. Do you log a weigh in more than once a week. I know there isn't a right or wrong answer. I just want to know what others do.

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    I only log once per week even though I weigh myself every day. I don't log if I gain :grumble:
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    I only log Monday mornings weight. I check off and on all week. If I have an increase (has only happened once) I don't log anything. The next Monday's weight will be entered as usual...hopefully with a loss. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    I only log my weight once a week, but I might weigh myself two or three times a week just to monitor what is going on. My weight fluctuates a lot due to water and sometimes mid-week I weigh less than what I will record on 'weigh-in' day, but I don't record that.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    I moved away from a weigh-in day. I am starting to log the lows because there were 2 weeks where in the middle of the week I would be 1-2 pounds less then my weigh-in day would come and they would be back but then the very next day the 1-2 pounds were gone again.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I only log in once a week on Friday's because weight does tend to fluctuate during the week. While I still check it daily (or my Wii does) I only log Friday's. Also, I don't want all the Facebook updates going all week :bigsmile:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I, like most others, only log my weight weekly as I tend to fluctuate throughout the week.
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    thanks! I have been really good about just logging once a week(weighing once a week) so I don't get obsessed..think I will just stick to my initial plan.
  • I have chosen to only log once a week now because my focus was so on whether or not i lost weight to where i forgot the big picture.....I as well have chosen not to log if i gain because I do hold alot of fluid in my body and unless i take my fluid pills for the day, my weight will fluctuate 1 or 2 lbs but i feel however you choose to log is how you should do it...i know people who log every .5 lbs if they feel they want to...whatever you are comfortable with is how you should do it....
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Once a week here too ... it's tough to stay off the scale and peek to see how you're doing ... but I try not to, because I'll make myself crazy. I settled on one day a week and always under the same conditions (first thing in the morning, after I pee and before I eat, etc.) Congrats on your loss and good luck in the future! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I started off only weighing once per week but I just could not get my weekends in check so I started weighing officially Friday & Monday so I have both the start and end of the weekend under wraps so it forces me to be good! :happy:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I weigh myself everyday. Sometimes twice... but I only record it if it is 3 days in a row at that weight. That seems to help with water fluctuation.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    I've heard your weight can fluctuate between 1-2 pounds over the course of a day, but if you're losing weight, the generally trend if you weigh once a week at the same time should be loss. I only do once a week, because checking every day can be frustrating, especially if you're in a bad mood and it shows you gained a pound from the day before lol.
This discussion has been closed.