Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip

Options
juniebug2013
juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
Sharing for anyone who hasn't come across this yet! I love ranch and this way I can still indulge without giving up too many calories.

Mix 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I use Chobani, which is about 33 calories for 1/4 cup) with 1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch dip or dressing mix (10 calories). Then cover and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.

It makes enough dip to go with about 1 cup of fresh veggies for only 43 calories! Plus you get about 5 grams of protein in that quarter cup of yogurt. With the veggies it's a filling, healthy snack for less than 100 calories. You could also use a tablespoon of it on sandwiches or wraps for only 11 calories! Or even thin 2 tablespoons of it out with some skim milk and use as a dressing on salads.

I also tried mixing with the Dill mix packet instead of the Ranch and it was yummy as well.

Replies

• Merge88
    Merge88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a great one that I have been using too! I also substitute the yogurt in place of sour cream as well on Mexican food. Both have helped me on my journey big time!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make this. It sounds amazing!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Oooooh I see some dip for my carrots and zucchini! Thanks for the idea! Might be great on a sandwich too!
  • smlewis63
    smlewis63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will try it!