2015 is my year!

Options
My name is Devin, I started myfitnesspal a couple years ago on a different account (forgot passoword so created new one) and when I first created it it took me about 5 months and I had lost over 40 pounds by minding my portions and excercising. I felt awesome! Well two years later, I let myself slip, get distracted and lazy so I've gained my weight back. :neutral_face:

This year I've created a new myfitnesspal, and with the help of my boyfriend we are working out together and eating alot better. I have the determination to do this again and to set myself right for a healthier lifestyle!

So if anyone has any tips or advice please feel free to comment, anything is appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh honey, that's the right question to ask on these forums! Everyone here has great advice. :smiley:

Ummm, some mottos I like are:
    - Eat your calories, don't drink 'em (i.e. up your water intake).
    - No matter how slow you go (with exercise) you are still lapping everyone on the couch.
    - Lifting is good! (If you increase your muscle mass, you increase your metabolism!)
    - They never said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it...

Have fun this year! xx
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    "- They never said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it..."

I Love this one! So very true.

• Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    2015 is my year too! Last year I lost 26 pounds by tracking calories and getting some exercise. This year I'm going to lose another 30 pounds and get to my goal by December. It's very doable, just 2.5 pounds a month.