Newby/low carb

Hey :) I'm new to this app and also just started my low carb eating plan yesterday. Just looking for some moral support from people doing a similar thing. Feel free to add me

Replies

• liblonde79
    liblonde79 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there
    I started the Atkins diet on Sunday... What type of low carb you doing?
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Hi Kim,
    I've been a long time low carber (off and on...up and down and up again). I currently follow more of a keto approach. I would recommend checking out the low carb groups. Low Carber Daily Forum...The Group (or something along those lines) is a more active one.

Good luck!
  • gigi60564
    gigi60564 Posts: 2 Member
    Starting low carb diet up again after 10 years, as of yesterday. Will be doing Atkins. Did so 11 years ago, lost 55# in about 7months. Kept off for about 7 years, then began not monitoring the carbs, 10# crept on. Then about 3yrs ago quit smoking, and as of yesterday I had gained back a total of 35#. That was it for me. Watching carbs in our everyday diet, in my opinion, is the best thing we can do for our health. I'm all in. I Will start my exercise regime tonight with a yoga class. I think I have some good knowledge regarding low carb diets as I truly witnessed first hand results, and what and what not to do. Exercise plays more than 50% in this and all diets, in my opinion. So let's do it!!!!!
  • kimkennedy89
    kimkennedy89 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm doing a mixture of atkins and Dr bernsteins as I'm a type one diabetic so looking to reduce carb intake, therefore I shouldn't need as much insulin hopefully leading to more stable blood sugar readings and some weight loss :) x
  • Carolyn917
    Carolyn917 Posts: 17 Member
    I am giving this app. one more try. I am 48 years old, I weigh 215#'s & I'm 5' 2.5" tall. I am 75 -80#'s overweight and I desperately need to lose weight for health reasons. I am trying to stick to a low carb, healthy choice, whole food life style plan. My goals are to lose 10#'s by Valentine's Day and 75#'s by January 1st, 2016. I hate to exercise but I plan on using Yoga, Pilates and dance to exercise. I need friends to keep me accountable and motivated. For some reason I can't add friends, keep getting error message so PLEASE ADD ME!!