Half Marathon with T25

Options
jb290978
jb290978 Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I have decided to take part in a half marathon in June. I completed couch c25k a good while back and can jog 5k in around 40 minutes as have not done much lately. Last year I also completed the first 6 weeks of insanity although not like those robots on the dvd. The second month was too much and too long due to having to pause it all the time. Now I'm looking at T25 as it's shorter and also focuses on some resistance training. Would like to build my pecs a bit with more definition. No upper body strength at all.
I have a running plan for the half marathon of 3 days a week building up from a 15 minute easy jog. Would it be too much doing T25 either every day or modify it to 2/3 times a week along with the running?

Replies

• superspork2
    superspork2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think if you did it 2 to 3 times a week you would be okay. I've done T25 and its pretty manageable and gives you a pretty good overall workout. Adding in strength training like that can be good for your running as it improves your fitness level, but just be super aware because it is very easy to injury yourself while running if you aren't taking care of yourself. If you feel like one day its too much, stop and rest. Or you could try easing the T25 into your running plan so you aren't starting out with so much at first and burning out. I am also doing a HM training plan and its pretty easy at first but when you start getting up to the long distances it really can take its toll. So try it out and listen to your body! Good luck!