Meeting Goal Requirements

Options
Hello,

My name is Danielle and I just started using My Fitness Pal. I am looking to lose some weight before my upcoming wedding in May. I have a few different questions regarding what I am suppose to eat and how the app provides information regarding that food item.

1. When I enter a food on the phone app and a message pops up telling me information about that food ( Such as this food is high in fiber ) is a green message good and a red message bad? I only ask because I get a red message when I enter coconut oil saying that it is high in saturated fat. This seems bad but I have read that coconut can help with weight loss. I only use 1 tsp in my coffee in the morning.

2. I am finding it hard to meet all my food goals each day. I know eating the correct amount of calories is key but are their some goals it is ok to go over without affecting my weight loss. Such as vitamins and protein. I never go over anything a significant amount but I just want to make sure I am following the program in an effective way.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :]