Sometimes it seems impossible to lose.

Options
I try to stay on a low fat diet because of heart problems, but I have a sit down job and it seems like no matter what I do I can't seem to get myself moving in the right direction. I try to exercise 2-3 times a week, but it doesn't seem to matter. Just get down about the whole problem.

Replies

• cheslightsey
    cheslightsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I see you've lost 6 pounds so far...so good for you. I, too, have a very sedentary job, but was able to lose weight. You have to be incredibly honest with your food logging. If you do that, and eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. Hang in there and be proud of the success you've had so far.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is mostly about what you eat. Exercise is for fitness and health.

What are your stats and calorie goals?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Are you taking medication that could cause an increase in appetite and water retention? Are you using a food scale and measuring cups?
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    6 pounds down so far is awesome! Way to go! I have a job where I am pretty much a desk jockey all day. I have only lost 2 pounds so you must be doing something right. Just watch your caloric intake and keep up the working out. It doesn't all come off at once. It takes time.