Jamie Eason's Livefit- Reviews?

Options
Hi! I just started Jamie Eason's Livefit program and I was looking for information about the plan. Has anyone completed this? If so, what were your results?
The plan does not include cardio, but I am going to do it regardless.

Any thoughts welcome! :)

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You start cardio during the second phase. (I think it's week 5) It's a good and well rounded beginner program.
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great- thanks for the heads-up. I am definently a "beginner" if you will! I have some experience in all areas of cardio and weights, but not very extensive knowledge, etc. Thanks for the information.
  • Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump*
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through it. I really love it but am not seeing results like I thought I would but I'm pretty sure I just need to follow the eating better than I am.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I did it about 3 years ago. It was a good program to get back into lifting, but I had more results from Stronglifts 5x5
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting 1/18. I'm interested to see how this goes. I've tried Body Beast before and unfortunately was bored about 5 weeks in due to no cardio (can't help it my brain is programed that way). I may add in a few cardio days in the week and stretch it out more so I don't get bored. Hope this helps to lose the last 15#!
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I repeated the cycle twice, all the way through - and I second @DjinnMarie‌ It's a fantastic beginner program, especially if you follow the nutrition. Could not recommend more highly.
  • Mapes84
    Mapes84 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10, and it has been very manageable so far- but, I fear phase 2 and 3. Would love accountability buddies if anyone else is currently doing Livefit! I am trying to get in bridal shape, and I really hope this is a good start. Luckily, I have until October!
  • madiho
    madiho Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 16.. I'm not following her meal plan but I'm counting calories .. I'm loosing 1-1.5 pounds a week.. Would love some friends to do with me!!! Add me @ Madiho
  • emkkamin
    emkkamin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this program! I am very much a beginner but am hoping for great results. I am having a hard time getting my head wrapped around the meals and tend to feel like I am overeating, even though it is no longer processed foods and is natural / organic foods! I am also trying to give up my coffee (Boo) but mostly because I only drink it with a ton of creamer! Any energy boosting foods that have work for you?
  • charleneely1
    charleneely1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have also just started this program. I was looking for something to help me get started with weight training and saw this recommended a few times. I am such a nerd at the gym and was so scared to get off the elliptical and onto the weight equipment. Watching the videos has really given me the confidence to try things out. I'm on day 2.
    I keep reading a lot of people saying on Week 4 or 5 I haven't really lost weight, but then also they haven't followed the meal plan directly etc. I don't know I guess I am going into this to lose weight yes, but to feel stronger ultimately and if I am stronger I will have more energy and therefore eventually lose weight. Also I think she states in the beginner video that the concept really is just to eat unprocessed foods that's the stickler with anything. I'm hoping with some common sense and staying away from the chemical foods ill eventually start to see results.
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started this back in November and completed phase 1 & 2 but didn't really follow the meal plan - tried to tell myself that I was eating "clean" but realistically I wasn't. I then was sick for a couple of weeks and decided that rather than just start back with phase 3, I would restart the plan from day 1 and this time follow the meal plan. I'm starting Feb 1st and hopefully this time I will finish it!
  • minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Im starting this program soon. I wanted to check in how your program is going? I read mixed reviews about some losing and some not losing weight, can anyone who completed the program before throw some light on this? Also, I feel for me, the last meal she suggests of 5 egg whites is not required, it would be at 9pm, so do I skip it? Any suggestions from experienced people who followed this program like @adge1475
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @minniemickey‌ I'd still suggest having *something* in the evening in place of the egg whites. Maybe, like, a protein shake, or a small piece of cheese (think Babybel-sized) or something?
    The program is *great* for beginners learning to lift weights, or even intermediate students wanting a solid program to follow. From the people on MFP and Bodybuilding.com I've discussed the program with, those who did not lose weight were the ones who followed the exercise guide very well, but didn't pay much attention to the nutrition plan.
    If you want the best results, follow them both as closely as possible! I didn't lose weight my first go-round for that exact reason (I didn't follow the nutrition guide). BUT you'll still make progress either way just by lifting alone :)
  • minniemickey
    minniemickey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @adge1475‌ hey thanks! Your inputs are helpful! I postponed Jamie Eason for a while.