INSANITY

Options
Doing an Insanity class at the gym tonight... 30 minutes, no clue which workout. Trying to figure out how to enter it. I don't have my HRM with me, and I'm not SUPER concerned with getting the exact calorie burn, just a general estimate. I'm female, 5'6", about 150 lbs, and haven't worked out since June-ish (had a baby in September). I don't expect to bust my butt, but I'll work as hard as I can without dying. I was thinking 400 cals?? Does that sound reasonable? Or could I search HIIT and enter 30 minutes of that?

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Blimey good luck at jumping straight into that!!

You could enter a random calorie number but more importantly please don't overdo it. Don't look at the fittest one in the class and try to copy them. If you're struggling stop, sip water and I just tried a few jumping jacks if I couldn't do the actual exercise.

Good luck.
  • laurenwarwick
    Options
    @roybeck I'm a little worried about that, actually. I tend to be extremely competitive and overexert myself when I'm getting back into a workout routine. I have a friend joining me for the class for this reason; she's been instructed to make sure I don't overdo it! I think that after having a baby, my mindset has changed and I may be a little more laid back and less competitive at the gym. I'm just ready to be active again. I tried "dipping my toe in the water" instead of jumping in the deep end right away, but I was so bored with such low intensity. We'll see how it goes!