Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit flex

I've synced my new Fitbit flex to mfp but its seems to be adding a lot of kcal for not many steps (I.e 600 for 3000 steps). I assume that even as sedentary my kcal allowance accounts for some movement? Do I need to change my kcal allowance to bmr or something else to limit over estimating energy expenditure?

Replies

• Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Was that count for your entire day? It will estimate calorie burn based on your weight, etc. I set it so MFP put me at 1200 calories and the Fitbit calculation added to my calorie allowance each day. As of right now, I'm at 4,013 steps and it estimates that I burned 313 calories from that. I hope that helps at least a little!
  • misschiplash78
    misschiplash78 Posts: 23 Member
    Interesting, I've only done 3182 steps ( couldn't get to the gym as I have a headache and symptoms of a throat infection brewing!) and its given me over 600kcal adjustment. Perhaps its my weight? I weigh 74 kg (163 lbs).