College student aiming to lose weight

I am 18 years old and attend university at Clemson. I am 240 lbs and would like to definitely slim down while maintaining and adding muscle. I have gained 20 lbs since coming to college last fall and would love to start my journey to lose weight. I have tried to lose weight before and have never been successful. Mostly, my fault lies in my diet and the frequency at which I exercise. Would love help losing weight and tips on how to do it, especially in a college setting with food so easily available.

Replies

• brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    I graduate with my bachelors in May so I am not a college student for much longer. I get up early and go to the gym on campus most days. Or if I have an early (like 8am) class, I pack workout clothes and head over after class. For me, the access to alcohol the first year put several pounds on me. There are so many calories in beer and I never had just on. Our campus always offers a healthier option at meals, if you eat on campus. Go for water instead of sodas. One of my best helpers was making friends with a female athlete on campus who helped keep me accountable to the gym and showed me new workouts. Having a 'skinny and lean' friend helped me to model my behaviors after hers. Monkey see, Monkey do. :wink: